Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks sis!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam: What are you doing today? More hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shirey, I have met another wonderful man. He too was widowed after a long happy marriage. We are now retired and live in Florida. His mother is still alive and lives with his sister about 25 miles from us. I tell you about them because they have embraced me closely as a member of the family. He and I talk about our late spouses sharing stories. After all they had been a huge part of our lives. How lucky I am to have two loving relationships.

4. Likes N/A, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Im so glad you and son were OK you have a tough hide my dear..to do that is so brave and the love you have for your child. Met and married 48 yrs WONDERFUL. GOD BLESS YOU ! That was a horrible Day..we wont forget as you wont on your Right Move & NEW Husband
    Thank you, Susan. Yes, it was a tough time in my young life. I was barely 21, but knew that I had to actually "disappear" to get away from that awful situation. I had tried to leave him a couple of times, but he always found me. He would come to my job and wait in the parking lot to threaten me. I knew that I needed to go to another city. I didn't even tell my family where I was headed, because I was afraid he would get them to tell. I was gone in Texas for a year, and he found someone else to mistreat in the meantime. I had filed for divorce before I left, and he was married to someone else when I returned, and left me and my son alone.

After I married my sweet husband that I still have now, we were able to terminate my ex's parental rights, and my husband legally adopted my son. My hubby already had 3 children, plus my son, so we started our married life with 4 kids. When my husband was 50 years old, we had our baby together, a daughter, who has been a joy since she was born. Now we have 5 grown kids, 18 grandkids, and 4 greats. Life is good.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

6. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette: What I just wrote disappeared! I am so glad you were able to get away from the abuse and that your ex has no rights to his son. It takes a special person to know they have to get away and then do it. Some would just tolerate and be scared all their life or worse. I am happy that you have such a loving husband and a great family. I am very lucky too to have my husband of 43 years who puts up with me, and a daughter and son, and four grandchildren who love their crazy, old grandma. Shirley

8. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam, I am so glad you have a wonderful relationship with him and I am glad that they have embraced you into the family. You are fortunate to be able to talk to him and communicate because you were both married many years, with all kinds of memories. And they don't go away! It becomes part of what you and he have together. Bless your heart. I am so happy for you. Shirley

10. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Shirley for your kind words and understanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember that November day. I was in the 3rd grade in Catholic school. We were doing math at that time of day. A nun came running into the room. Have you ever seen a nun run, in her long black gown. She did look like the flying nun. Anyway the two of them whispered, and then left the room.
    A television was brought into the room and we watched what was happening, However, no one explained to us what we were seeing. Shortly after that we were let go for the day. I walked home and found my mom crying. We sat in front of the TV and she explained.
    Being so young I had no real conception of what it meant to the country, but I did understand the sadness.

13. Likes N/A, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: Your post is here! I bet she did look like the Flying Nun! Remember that movie with Sally Field? There was also some music about the nun but can't remember the name of it. I think it was partly in French? Shirley

PS: At first I did not realize there was more than one page on some posts so check that too because your post was on the 2nd page. At the very top of the postings there is how many pages there are!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad

I am that...so glad to have posted correctly.
    I really want to thank everyone for their help.

16. Likes N/A, Magnolia Blossom liked this post