Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: We are glad to have you here. Have a great day! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Annette Im never surprised at what a horrible life a person goes thru, Your a strong person to do what you had to do. Be
    proud of YOU and glad for a Wonderful Family 5 kids, 18 grandkids 4 Great WOW eeeeeeee. God Bless your Husband. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Trude Im glad to meet you and we are all here to chat, help out with any craft if we can. Barbara G is a great finder of pattern if we cant.. Join in any time. Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Fifty years ago...I would have been. 32 years old if I am thinking right. I had just returned to work from my lunch hour. When I walked in a; radio was turned on to the news about Kennedy and I remember I started crying. It was so unbelievable and such a shock! I will always remember the terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I wasn't, the only one crying either. Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 07-30-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty: I think it is so amazing how JFK's death affected every one immensely. It is like the whole country was so attached to him and his family! I remember my parents bought a "funny" record of his life in the White House and we used to listen to that all the time, with his accent etc. Do you remember that record? Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Patty: I think it is so amazing how JFK's death affected every one immensely. It is like the whole country was so attached to him and his family! I remember my parents bought a "funny" record of his life in the White House and we used to listen to that all the time, with his accent etc. Do you remember that record? Shirley
    Shirley, I don't remember a record, didn't know he made one. Our senior class didn't put out a year book the year I graduated. We have ust a small book in memory of our graduation but we chose to take a train ride to Wash,, DC. That was the first time I ever rode on a train and was so exciting. Our teacher gave us the talk about " the boys and girls not visiting with one another after hours" thingee. The whole class had one coach just for us. I think it was called the George Washington Coach. The only time we left that coach was to the bathroom. Sooner or later (later as I recall) my best friend had to go so we were making our way thru the sleeper coach when I stepped on some man's foot sticking out of his bed from a lower berth and I can still hear his "OOOOOOHHHHHH! " I know that had to hurt! You know when you step on skin and scoot it down it feel's like someone has pinched it really hard.I will never forget that sound he made. That really put the GO in us 2 girls! When we got to WAshington, DC, the White House was closed to the public because of remodeling. I never got to set foot in the White House! WE just stood in front and looked at it from the fence. Big disappointment!! It was a fun trip tho and one I will never forget. WE played Blackjack all the way to DC. I don't know how my parents paid for me to go but I never heard a big discussion or anything about not being able to go. Of course this was way before JFK's time as president .. I went there in 1950. Catch ya all later!XOXOXOXOXOXO, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam, I am so happy for you that you found the love of your life after such a hard time of it before that. I only wish my hubby was still here to see the grandkids he never saw. Everything happened after he passed in 1988. we had 36 good years together. I am not going to dwell on this or I will be crying but I am happy for you that life has turned out really good for you. love to you and your family, your friend, Patty

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was not born, yet. Not too far away from 50 which is hard to believe, though!!

10. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am at home castle serve and waited by my nanny...... nothing is big/interested to me. no story or news ? my world only as big as my home castle by no body seen?

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I was ten years old then, and even here in Canada it was big. So I was likely playing with friends when we heard the news. I also remember I was shocked when Bobby Kennedy was killed. I was older then so it probably registered more.