Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  112
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Mama's afghan

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome Faye! I was waiting till you made one before I decided if I wanted to or not..all printed off till next year! thanks for sharing!

2. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    so elegant!!!! love the color and the stitch pattern!

4. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,
    It's so pretty. I couldn't imagine it in purple. I was looking at the close up of the stiching & I can't tell if you used the front post dc on Rows 3 & 5 & all their repeats. It is probably just the way you took the picture. You probably took it the way they did in the pattern magazine with the front side down. I never thought of putting an edging on it either since the thick fringe makes it more Victorian looking to me. What kind of edgibg did you use? I am always interested in edgings because I don't like fringe on baby blankets. They put the fringe in their mouths & then get choked on the "fuzzies" that come off it. I am always looking for a pretty, simple edging to use on them. I love this afghan, Faye. It is unique.
    Hugs, Jane

6. Likes BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, it is absolutely gorgous! Your mama is lucky to have you. You are such a sweetheart with such a great sense of humor. Love the afghan and would love to have a copy of the pattern if that is ok. It seems I never keep anything I make but this one would be a keeper.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

8. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Barby Sue,
    I posted this pattern back on a thread about a wedding ring afghan pattern request. Try to go back to find it & I will too. Then if you can't find it I can tell you exactly where it is.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jane, ok you little rat you outed me!! I was probably 3/4 through when I realized why I was having trouble keeping the pattern straight. I then reread the pattern for the hundredth time and saw that there was a row 6 that I had tried to skip and it was making me work for every row. I will frog if it is a few rows say 20 or so but there was no way I was losing the whole thing. So you see, I was making it work through the most of it and I MIGHT have gotten a row or two or 20 in the wrong order but I made it work. I knew no one would ever notice!! Then comes eagle eye and I'm busted!!! lol The pattern is good the crocheter not so much!! I recommend the pattern BarbySue! I might even do another in a more neutral color but I had to use the color that I think Mama will like. ME BUSTED!!!!

11. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot the edging, dc around the afghan with 3dc in corners and then I used the pattern and used the dc 7 times in one dc and skip 3 then dc, ch3, dc in same dc and skip 3dc. I like it and you are right about the fringe it would probably be better but I know Mama wouldn't care for it. And to be honest, I didn't want to fool with making the fringe. Lazy!!!! lol

13. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,
    I wasn't trying to out you or bust you or whatever you want to call it. After I posted the pattern, Pat started one,too. She only got 4 rows done before she ran out of yarn but she could see & liked the ridge forming on the shells. YOU got in a hurry. First, you were waiting until after Christmas, next thing I know you're half finished. That didn't sit right with me. I knew you had rushed & trying to reduce the size, you were bound to concentrate on one thing & miss something. That Row 6 helps keep the shells staggered, that's partly how I knew something wasn't quite right. Then I couldn't see that ridge the front post dc makes on the shell. Is that a photography thing? I need to know. That's one of the main dettails in this afghan. I just wondered how hurried you really were.
    Hugs, Jane
    Last edited by janie mae; 12-16-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is a photography problem not the best at pictures. You knew I was teasing, right?? It looks great to me and I didn't have a picture to go by. Mama demanded an afghan for Christmas so she put me in a hurry. I admit the pattern intrigued me so I chose it for her. Thankfully I am not too picky or I would have given up crocheting as I almost always change things by intent or mistake. I love you and I was just teasing you. Plus, you must have really good eyesight!! lol

16. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ???Faye, I think it is beautiful. She will never know you changed the pattern a tiny bit. I sure won't tell her. LOL. You just put your own unique spin on & made it extra special for her. I love you too Faye, because you are fun & because you are UNIQUE. Just because you are a twin, have you always tried to be different? I've always wondered about that. I have nieces who are fraternal twins. Heck, they don't even look like sisters. One is blond, the other brunette. The blond is bigger boned, the brunette is petite. I have assumed (bad word) that you & Kaye are identical because of the way you were named. Have you always had to work for your own identity or did it come easy? I can't imagine having a sister who looked just like me.
    Hugs, Jane