Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  166
Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is the way to go Hestoria.... no one. no life have choice to choose to grow old....it just happen when ever there is time ticking? life is choice? (when is live) that I believe we can some what control with our hands and mind? I am with you all the way....
    Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like

Kolina

Thank you for that message. I feel the same, but I thought maybe I was being selfish of self centered. I guess we deserve a little of that anyway. I enjoy my crochet, loom knitting, sewing, making jewelry occasionally. I'm just so content. I still love shopping, but it's mostly fabric or yarn for one of my projects. My 29 year old daughter said why don't you join something, or make friends with someone. My answer is simply, been there, done that, and I don't often argue or fight with myself, if you know what I mean I like cooking meals for my family, just not as often as I used to. I guess you would say, we're settled and happy. Aren't we blessed!
    Kolina

3. Likes N/A, Magnolia Blossom, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Kolina: You are a person after my own heart. We are blessed. I crochet, read, putter in the yard and even grew a few veggies in pots this summer. I cook dinner and sit with the dog. It is really nice to talk to people on Crochet Talk and share ideas, patterns and simply chat. I do go to Project Linus meetings once per month and take whatever baby blankets I have finished to donate. I do a few things with the grandchildren and that is fun for me to do too. Have a good evening. Shirley

5. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me just be clear - I never said I liked getting old! But the choices are limited. imalefty

7. Likes Judi Gums, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I answered the question already, but the responses have been so interesting, that I have more thoughts. No big surprise there. I am finding out that as I get older I am not timid, not that I ever was, however, if I need something I ask for it. I am bolder I guess you could say. I love to show my crochet items to people, not to brag, just to share my joy. It usually makes the other person happy too. I have shown strangers in a store if I happen to have something with me.
    That's another thing I do. I talk to strangers (as well as myself). I also will step into situations if I think some intervention is required (screaming child?) That is where not being timid really comes in.
    I also laugh more. Out loud, in public, even if I am alone.
    I have become a more gentle person, a softer, and kinder person. Not anymore patient, but that might be asking too much.
    I do think I will continue to. enjoy growing older.

9. Likes Judi Gums, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude, well said. I have never been shy, as a twin you are always being looked at and talked to, but I am more patient now. What my kids did sent me off but the greats can do it and I think they are cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting old is better than not getting old!!!!

12. Likes pinky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that the aches & pains are the pits, but much better than the alternative! I find that at 64 I'm much more patient with myself & others, but I don't have patience with snotty people regardless of age. I think I've put in my time & held my tongue for lots of years & now if I'm provoked enough I tend to tell the aggravater what I think. I like to think I've also come closer to wisdom than I was even in my 40s. I also feel freer to do and think as I wish without regarding the opinions of others. I have my bucket list and keep adding to it. I'd also like to add a corollary to Annette's quotation of the Dalai Lama (which I found on greenschocolate.com): Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I have really tried to take this to heart ...

14. Likes buggainok, DinahRoberts, KolinaGr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 72 yrs and have a special life. I am getting all metal parts ...sure better than the pain!!!! Just got a new shoulder (right) and it is working well... Looking forward to sharing...

16. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky View Post
    I agree that the aches & pains are the pits, but much better than the alternative! I find that at 64 I'm much more patient with myself & others, but I don't have patience with snotty people regardless of age. I think I've put in my time & held my tongue for lots of years & now if I'm provoked enough I tend to tell the aggravater what I think. I like to think I've also come closer to wisdom than I was even in my 40s. I also feel freer to do and think as I wish without regarding the opinions of others. I have my bucket list and keep adding to it. I'd also like to add a corollary to Annette's quotation of the Dalai Lama (which I found on greenschocolate.com): Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I have really tried to take this to heart ...
    I like that quotation a lot also, Pinky.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama