Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  166
Page 4 of 12 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    That is good Dinah!!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Great come back, Dinah! I love it and will try to remember it for the next time I get talked to like I'm senile! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this one- "My,you have such a limited vocabulary" and say it with great surprise. It works! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a really good one too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 51 years young and I love where I am in life emotionally, spiritually and mentally. I still have a teenager at home and would die before repeating those years! I am also blessed to babysit my two grandchildren during the week. This is a lovely time of life. I just wish it wasn't accompanied by so many aches and pains!

6. Likes dragondrummer, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Buggainok for such a thoughtful topic. When I turned 40 I hit a slump and let it depress me. For a while. By the time I turned 50, I had accepted the fact that I could not stop time. Believe me when I tell you I tried. My hair is gray, but when I need to I can change that. I like having fun with color. My face is changing, and I see my mom in the mirror looking back at me. However, that is okay, because my mom's face was lovely, and love filled. I miss her.
    I have lost a few of my favorite people over the years, but I know I will be with them again when God calls me home. I look forward to that day, but am not going to hurry it along. My heart broke when they left because I was not ready for them to go, are we ever?
    If I want to be silly, I will be No matter where. Except maybe church. I dance in the aisles in stores if I like the music, sometimes I sing along. I talk to myself. I make jokes that only I can hear, and let me tell you they are pretty darned funny.
    When I was young I had no tact, and always told whatever was on my tongue. It was like the family joke. I didn't mind, because to me it showed a strength. As I grow older I am trying to temper my tongue. I have many teeth marks from the biting of the tongue that I do when I want so much to let loose. Learning tactfulness is a difficult lesson, but I will be proud if I can master it.
    I feel a different enthusiasm at 57 than what I did 10 years ago, and certainly different than 30 years ago. I like myself, and am learning to love myself. Getting older does not scare me now that I am getting there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Trude: Isn't it amazing that we see our mother in our faces, mannerisms, etc. My 40's and 50's seemed to go by so quickly looking back now. I was working hard, our kids were growing, getting married, having babies, and Tom and I were getting to experience the "empty nest". After retirement two years ago, life just got even better. Now, I do what I want pretty much when I want and I crochet up a storm! I have to admit that for some reason 66 seems older than 65 did and that is all in my mind!!!! Many of us here are in the same boat and have many ideas and thoughts to share. Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley, I think that being able to share our thoughts and ideas are what makes this place work. It seems that so far most of us are close in age. I feel so at home here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, yeah, that too happens to me. I think young people many times don't have old people around in their life and don't know how much they can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    My son is an only child. As he was growing up many of our friends were older than us, a few by more than 20 years. He was often sitting with us listening to our conversations. Because of this he learned the meanings of words that were advanced for his age, and he knew how to use them correctly. He heard of the early struggles of our oldest friends. He saw them get sick, and struggle again, and finally he had to mourn them. He learned to talk with people of any age. I think that this is a valuable lesson for him. It is helping even in his adult life.

12. Likes dragondrummer liked this post