Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  166
Page 8 of 12 First ... 678910 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind getting older, and also thankful when I wake up each morning because I know I can finish up a doll or two. I'm 70 and guess I'm lucky as I have no health issue but keeping cholesterol in check. No I would not go back in time as I'd probably do all those things again and that would suck....

2. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    i.have to thing about it......so you``re right.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting older? If we live long enough we will certainly get older! I have made up my mind that I WILL be happy wherever I am or what ever I am doing. I know at 82 years old I am very blessed to be getting older every day and every day means less days to live. So what? I am happy and intend to be happy the rest of my life, however long or short it may be. I truly am blessed by the Lord for every day He gives me. I am wrinkled and losing my hair but that is better than the alternative.I could be dead!

I have a good family and they love me and I love them. What more could I ask for? I love all the responses I have read on here. I know an old couple that are in their 80 and 90,s. The husband is in a nursing home and doesn't cooperate with the nurses, etc. Wouldn't it be much better for him to cooperate? It would be much easier on him and everyone else I think. That is why If I ever have to go to the nursing home I will make myself be happy just to be alive. I say that now and hope I can follow thru. I want to be kind to others as I want them to be to me.... the golden rule is a good one!

I want to say to those who don't speak good English that I admire you and love to read your posts so don't be shy, we understand what you are saying and we love you and love to hear your opinions too... I wish I had learned other languages when I was in school.

LOVE TO YOU ALL YOUNG AND OLD ALIKE! Life is what we make it.
    WE can choose to be grumpy or be happy and I choose HAPPY! And yes I have arthritis and pain too.
    XOXOXOXOXO lOVE YA ALL , redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 09-05-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Red head--I couldn't have said it better--Im with you all the way !!!
    Sounds we are very much alike--(hehe only difference Im 86)--So who cares!!!!Yaaayy

Hestoria /Lillian

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Patty you aren't the oldest any more!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an aunt who turned 90 last April. She complains that she can't do all the things she used to do, because she gets too tired. We try to tell her that she doesn't have to do everything any more, that she has earned the right to take it easy. She will not listen. She loves to go garage saling, to thrift stores, antique stores. I can only hope that when I am 90 I can do as well as she does. Heck, I'd like to do that well now at 57.

8. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Trude: Me too at 66. The other night when I was doing the floors and cleaning, sweat pouring off my face, I thought OMG, I am old!!!!! Glad your aunt is still going strong. She can have a nap and keep going!!!! Bless her heart. Love, Shirley

10. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love her dearly, and can't think about my life without her in it. I know the day is coming, but like Scarlet O'Hara tomorrow is another day and I will deal with it then. That pretty much is my philosophy for most things.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW Im a month almost getting to this form/thread. You all are amazing and I agree 100% to each one of you as my eyes are so tired I read all who left messages. I myself have been a little afraid, scared as my hubby & son are with me and yet Ive felt alone so much of my Life. In the last year on CT I am changing and you who Ive chatted with are responsible as Ive learned & like myself more everyday Beverly is 1 of several who have taught me to go back & talk to God etc. So many more your all even New gals reading messages give me reason to smule , get off my ass & do etc. NO MORE haha. LOVE & Prayers For ALL

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, you are wonderful!

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post