Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  165
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty: Where is the list now? Lost track!!! Shirley

I agree with you all that crochet is much less frustrating at least for me. Shirley

Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabtree View Post
    Yes, at one "knit" shop crocheters are called "hookers!"
    Oh, That is FUNNY!!! I think I'll make a name tage calling myself some form of "hooker"...ya gotta laugh!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always been respected in any and all yarn shops I've entered. I knit AND crochet. Don't like to hear either of them 'put down'. To each his/her own! I worked in the largest yarn shop in Houston in my younger days and we welcomed people who crocheted. It takes more yarn to crochet than to knit. For those of you who are looking for garments, DROPS has an abundance of lovely crocheted fashions.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 06-22-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothingnowhere... I tried knitting when I was younger.. just couldn't get past a strait "knit one, pearl two" stitch. lol I find that some knitted thinks look nicer than crocheted, but crocheting is where it's at!! It's pretty fast and I don't have enough patience to knit... I think it takes too long (that's just my opinion) to finish a project. Maybe that's because I'm not proficient enough at it.
    "

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheila: And I hate to count!!!!! Crocheting is the best!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Shirley!!!

Tennessee, between Nashville and Knoxville
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see this here in the Knoxville TN area a lot. While I will be 70 next February, I stated crocheting when I was 15. I love it and I have so many things I made that I can't seem to let go of and, sadly, my daughter is NOT interested and seems to think it is a waste of time and money. My son loves anything I make and for that, I am very grateful. Some of these shopkeepers should stop and think, Crochet goods are handmade fabrics just as Knitted goods and that means more sales. I agree with all of you and pray that this art, which is ages old, be regarded with the pride it deserves. Thanks for putting up with me here. Gmoni

8. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    I was at Walmart yesterday & they finally had the Sashay yarn. 5 colors on sale for $3.47.Went to the magazine area. they had only 2 Magazines. Lots of knitting & quilting.
    I'm lucky if there is 1 left of 1 kind of crochet magazine. And I can NEVEr find that 123 magazine that's supposed to be in Walmart only. I have checked all 3 Walmarts in our area, and they mustn't have it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gmoni: I made baby blankets for each of my grandchildren. Last year in Kindergarten my 5 year old granddaughter had to bring things that she loved for show and tell. She went in front of the class with the baby blanket over her head, and a purse wrapped over her neck and the photo frame I had put together with a pic of each month of her life from birth to 12 months. Was pretty funny and darn cute!!!! Perhaps if you decide to give some of your projects away, many charities would love them! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, this thread sure hit a nerve!