Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  158
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember that crocheting is a dying art and those of us who take the time to learn are commended. As one who says she is not to skillful. I do not think this is true. Sounds like you are giving it your best and that is all that can be asked of you. Keep crocheting twinfaye.

2. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are oh so right. We are all creative people and need to be appreciated.

4. Likes janie mae, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much. I love making things and if they don't love it at least I hope they are smart enough to say nothing. I will be watching everyone this year when they open their presents. I f someone appears disappointed then they won't get crochet items again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love what you said! I had made a doilie for my mother several years ago in a color and design that she picked out. She had it just a couple of weeks and put it in the washer and dryer and gave it back to me because it didn't look right any more. Needless to say I didn't give it back to her. Without going into a lot of detail I was estranged from my sister until two years go. This year I sent her that same doilie as she crochets and knits and like me she never keeps anything for herself. So I sent her that doilie after I hand washed it and starched it and pinned it out. It looked brand new again. When my sister got it she was in tears she absolutely loved it. The color went with her bedroom set and the roses in the pattern went with the roses in her bedspread. She was over the moon delighted. She didn't care that it was made for our mother first she was thrilled she was able to have it. We are both not speaking to our mother. I'm going on 6 years she is going on 40 somthing years. Long story there. It just goes to show, you never know who is going to appreciate handmade gifts and if they don't and you are lucky enough to get them returned to you...you can always regift them to someone who appreciates them. My sister is still talking about that doilie. It all worked out great for me. And if things ever do work out with my mother, you can bet I'll never make her another thing as long as I live. And yes, I told her exactly how to care for it when I gave it to her. Oh My...don't get me started! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise P. View Post
    I think all crocheting projects are spectacular. Because when they are made, they are made from heart and if one does not appreciate them then it is true that one should say pooh on you and give it to someone who will appreciate and treasure it. We all have our own tastes and if someone has a different taste let them have it but, you keep on crocheting it's good for you.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see crocheting as a dieing art I am finding more and more people who do it... Barbysue I'm glad your sister loved it!

8. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, reading this thread tells so much about us. We all want our work to be perfect. Faye, just because you try to work fast, the quality of your work is still outstanding. I think maybe you just bit off more than you can chew or people are making too many demands on you. Miss Nothing (you know I still want your name, don't like calling u that), you need to get into a habit of stopping in a certain place of your pattern repeat every time, so if the kids distract you, you don't lose your place & have to get froggy. For all of us, I believe we need to be looking at who we are gifting. This is our creativity, our work, our sweat. We need to know before it leaves us, it will be appreciated. Some people see a homemade gift. How Quaint! We see an investment. An investment in the pattern,(even if it's free, you had to search for it), an investment in the yarn because even the cheapest yarn isn't cheap, & an investment in your time & energy. Can you really put a price on that? The moral of my rambling is: If you know your handmade gift will be unappreciated, go buy them a DARN gift card to WalMart & tell them where to shove it if you feel like it. They are stupid & missed out on the best gift. Don't waste your talent & your love on people like this. I have a sister like this & it just kills me. Big hugs & love & Merry Christmas, Jane

10. Likes amanda, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    All of this is sad, especially when one puts their heart and soul into your project and it is rejected. I am with the statement buy them a gift card and let them buy something that will quickly fall apart. Because our projects are made to stay together.

12. Likes amanda, janie mae, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree sooo much janie mae. I took a lot of time crocheting these beautiful christmas trees. I haven't finished the ornaments for them yet but thats ok the people who i am makin them for i will see next week. I decided my mother...didn't appreciate her angels or bells last year she didn't even have them out christmas eve night. Ididn't give her one so POOH POOH on her.

14. Likes janie mae, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mama loved her afghan or least acted like she did! So good for her it made me feel good and that is what I made it for. The nieces loved their gifts so all was good there. The men in the family got a number 1-3 and picked in order and I thought they could exchange with each other but they didn't want to they each liked what they pulled out of the bag the best. That really made me feel good. I told them I would take orders for different ones and they all said no. YEAH!! This round of family 100%!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Iam so glad your family liked their gifts. My kids and niece and nephew and aunt always enjoy their crocheted gifts such as dinosaurs dolls my frech frog and other projects. When i get my christmas tree projects complete i plan to post pictures they are very pretty i think. i have just been so sick and can't stay awake sometimes then can't sleep other times for some reason i am so dizzy.I should have them done soon. MERRY CHRISTMAS. Your friend have a good day.

17. Likes janie mae liked this post