Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good question, Barbysue!! I am glad your sis talked you through a way that works better for you now. Girl, you have been crocheting for like FOR--[COLOR=red][B][I][U]ever!![/U][/I][/B][/COLOR]

2. Likes Ladyjojo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use my right pinky and pointer finger...I do hold my hook like a pencil too...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am right handed, my second son is left handed. He is one of my sons who was interested in crocheting. He can do a little. When he was 3 he took my brand new radio completely apart and said look mama, i was so mad but i just told him cool now fix it. An hour later he came back radio completly put together and he said fix better mamma! Believe it or not he was right! He is my most talented in drawling but my other boys who are right handed are'nt far behind. Troy graduated early from high school, and could have graduated so much earlier but my x-husband moved us every year to 2 years cuz he didn't like the house , the landlord or some other stupid reason.

5. Likes Anaisa, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like I've been crocheting forever. I'm working on the baby blanket that I've been drooling over and finally bought the kit from Mary Maxim. It is going so fast it is really weird how I understand all the stitches and where the designer is going with the pattern. I was really worried about understanding it at first because there were several comments from people who didn't understand the pattern. But I thought I would give it a shot and thought I could always post it on here, and knew someone would be able to help me out...but I haven't had a single problem with it at all. I don't know if the chick who wrote the pattern and I are on the same wave length or I just got lucky. But whatever, right??
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    That's a good question, Barbysue!! I am glad your sis talked you through a way that works better for you now. Girl, you have been crocheting for like FOR--ever!!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

7. Likes Anaisa, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet right handed... My youngest is left handed and boy do I have a hard time helping him practice printing his name... Or holding his pencils lol thank goodness his grandfather is a lefty!!!

9. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sitting opposite of him does help....also those tracer thingies...not dot lines but those alphabet letter tracers...it's helps you to help him since you are right handed, that way there is a starting and stopping point unlike the dotted lines...

11. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought of that!! Thank you Anaisa!! I will look for those.

13. Likes Anaisa, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, just a couple of tricks I know....it is easy if you are teaching crochet to sit opposite; my mother in law is right handed and she wasn't getting a stitch, so I sat opposite and I was able to fix and see and even crochet....harder w/ writing, but tracing is a good thing while opposite....as for cutting, in my opinion you are better off getting left handed scissors...and let him just cut lines then > or ^ once he gets the straight ones....happy crocheting.

15. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking for left handed scissors they can be hard to find... But he does use the ones I have and seems to be doing pretty good with them...

17. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me about it! I have been looking for left handed calligraphy set and that's like panning for gold in the driveway.

19. Likes Landon liked this post