Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was some great advice...I like that, not just that there is more than one way to do something, but there is more than one right way...cool...wise woman....thanks for sharing some of her wisdom and passing it on....happy crocheting...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a lefty. I taught my dad who was right-handed. Never had any trouble except for teasing by family members. After I was married, would visit my parents on the weekend and help with dishes and clean up. When my parents opened the utensil drawer, the ladle, big spoon, whatever was always put in the drawer differently than how they would do it. Dad always knew that I was there! My 4 year old grandson is a lefty. I will help him write correctly without twisting his arm and hand the way some lefties do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes 3catlady, it's a great idea, that hook thingy isn't good....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm also a lefty, and this past april i had surgery on my left thumb, i was in a cast for 6 weeks and had to learn everything right handed, except using a scissors. i could always use a scissors with my right. going to the bathroom was the hardest thing to adjust to. lol anyway, i taught myself to tie my shoes because none of my family would show me how, out of 11 of us 3 are left-handed, and my two brothers didn't want to take the time to help out their little sis. In grade school they had to many of us in my class that were lefties so they didn't try to change us for very long. they just gave up. we didn't give in to them either. but i do hold my hook in my right hand and the yarn in my left. i also taught myself to crochet, all i had was a booklet that showed right handed ways, so thats the way i learned.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hi... Ladyjojo is a lefty and it took me

a while to learn... everything looked backwards

6. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are obviously ambi-dexterous. My son is like that - shaves the left side of his face with his left hand and the right side of his face with his right hand. I suspect you learned to crochet right-handed because that's what most instructions are for. I tried to teach my left-handed sister to crochet, but never succeeded! Good luck with your tutorial! Happy New Year!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too use cut w/ my right hand....well use scissors w/ my right...very recently, this past weekend....I found some eyebrow scissors (long story) and since they aren't being used, I said, hey, why not use them w/ my thread, and guess what? It feels more comfortable w/ my left! Sorry about your thumb...happy healing, happy teaching and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a righty, but taught my older brother how to tie his shoes left handed i was only a year n half old. My mother thought cuz he was left handed he needed special attention.He's 45 now and i guess still needs his mother... for whatever. My son is a leftie and is so artistic, very intelligent. A ll of you who are left handed i am sure you can draw like a pro and are very intelligent. It is just what i've learned from everyone i know who is left handed except my brother...