Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually work "in the other direction." If I have three skeins of something I will look for a pattern that calls for that amount. If there is a sweater or something larger, I will keep in mind how much is needed and purchase that as I find it. If I really loved something and could envision what it might become, I would buy a whole lot if I could afford it!

Post Thanks / Like
    You ladies may just help me to become more organized, your lists in your purse are a fantastic idea...thanks for the idea.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Mirro Hero View Post
    On a sorta regular basis I make a list or add to one already started all projects I need to complete by ???. When I search for the patterns I will use to complete these projects, I add type and amount of yarn along with suggested colors. I do the same with wanna do items. All is in my purse everywhere I go. This makes purchasing bargain yarns so much more efficient. Once home put yarn and pattern in a box or bag ready to get at it. Keeps my mind organized as well so it doesn't drift off the track.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am more of an "impulse" buyer. If I see a color I like I usually buy 1 or 2 skeins. I make alot of baby hats and walker totes for an on-line group I belong to. These items don't usually require alot of yarn so a couple of skeins is good. I also check yard sales, thrift stores, etc for any yarn they might have. Small balls will make a hat or even a trim on a hat. Sometimes there is enough to make several hats or totes depending on colors and amounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I usually have a project in mind & have been crocheting for over 40 years I can usually buy what I need for the project without a lof of leftovers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, I only buy when I have a pattern. I can't average, and I not that proficient yarn knowledge to just buy yarn until a pattern comes along.