Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. They have no patience and no "want to" to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are definitely many people and kids that really show the " I want now" attitudes. I am just amazed. I want to know what happened to the "earn it" attitude that I grew up with. I know my boys are learning it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I first commented back in May on this subject. I see that it is still generating responses. I believe in being positive even though some young people today seem to have no interest in "domestic arts". Personally I feel this is a "miss named" skill. Take a look at some of the craft/yarn websites and see what some are creating, younger and more mature alike. It is refreshing to see the creative ideas that are being realized and shared. Maybe the "social network" will have a greater impact on these lesser known arts. I am hopeful !!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the social network is helping. Out of all my friends I'm they only one that crochets, it is so nice to find " friends" online that are into the same thing I am.

Post Thanks / Like
    How sad. I have my 7 yr old niece who is learning how. Every time I have her over (almost every day..lol) she grabs her crochet and does a few rows b4 she leaves.

6. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think of everyone on here as a friend too, nothingnowhere. I have been lonely living so far from all my friends in Nashville and this site is making me "talk" to someone everyday. I love it!

8. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I think of everyone on here as a friend too, nothingnowhere. I have been lonely living so far from all my friends in Nashville and this site is making me "talk" to someone everyday. I love it!
    Same here most of my friends live in other cities and I haven't really put myself out there looking for new ones lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    bebe52 you are very correct but children nowdays dont see that side modeled like the independance our parents showed us. it is important for them to make their own choices just remember that kids are not fully grown until there mid twenties and most of the time it is around that age that we start to contemplate and re evaluate our priorities. my suggestion would be to put some of this wisdom you have into a typed or recorded document; oh how i would cherish something like that now that my mother has passed.

11. Likes Carolyn Crye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hey nothingnowhere; delayed gratification is a super hard one for this new generation but if you valued that from your own upbringing it will become something you pass onto your kids. the fact of the matter is it is reality and those of us not equipped for whatever reason when we are young will definatly learn harder as adults.

13. Likes Carolyn Crye, nothingnowhere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one friendthat crochetsbut is currently into quilting so this site has beena god sendto me. Talking o other people period is good for me. I nolonger have transportation and after beingsick andin a nursing home for 3 years I lost almost all of my friends. But this website has helped me quite a bit and I appreciate each and every one of you. I know you are there when I need you. Thanks to all!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingnowhere View Post
    I think the social network is helping. Out of all my friends I'm they only one that crochets, it is so nice to find " friends" online that are into the same thing I am.

15. Likes Carolyn Crye, nothingnowhere liked this post