Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789

Post Thanks / Like
    Add me to the club as well. All my daughter has to do is mention what she would like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know I am not alone on this one....lol.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by adairdm View Post
    Judi,

My daughter is 38 and still tell me the same thing, and then she adds "Mom, wy don't you make me something when you have nothing to do." I guess I've spoiled them, cause she'lll probably get what she wants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh, adairdm....When you are taking care of yourself [and probably some significant others as well] and your home, and shopping, and..... when is it that you have "nothing to do", I'd like to know?

My friend who is retired tells me that she has more to do now than ever before... and she does no crafting of any kind. When I suggested she "learn to knit", she stared at me like I was nuts and said, "Yeah riiiiighttt..."

I'm looking forward to retiring [about 5 more years] so I can do what I want when I want...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dsynr,

I'm looking forward to retirement too, I hope within the next 5 or 6 years but until then...

My children and grandchildren think because it's just my husband and myself, we have plenty of time for other things. I love to stay busy, but quiet time is also necessary. Needlework has been my all time favorite relaxer for a lot of years, but I don't like to work with small thread. I like the larger projects because I can see the outcome faster. I'm going to try something new after the first of the year, a sweater. I've never done anything like that, so I think I'll give it a try, after I finish all the "wants" of my family and Christmas gifts for the grandkids. I also have to work it all into the Church's schedule. My husaband and I co-pastor a small Non-Denominational congregation in our home town, so needless to say, I stay busy, and I'm thankful that He has given me the opportunity to do the things I'm doing.

5. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've spent a year crocheting blankets for Project Linus and managed to complete 29 of them while also living and doing what I usually do. Including a 4000 mile road trip in the summer. I brought yarn with me. Recently I stopped (though I have enough yarn for probably three more!) for a break and to spend more time on other projects. It made me realize that we have tremendous amounts of time for what we Want to do. And yes, being retired makes you ever so much more busy.

7. Likes Carolyn Crye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we're all part of the younger generation's problem. We wanted things to be easier for our kids and wound up doing it for them. I realized this one day and suddenly started changing. Now when they say "I want", I tell them that I have some time but not a lot and if they would come over and help, I can do it. Not only are they learning but I have more company and really enjoy the visits. They really learned how to do more when I said "if you do this, I'll make you a cake while you work and I'm right here to help if there's a problem". They all respond well to food! lol

9. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good going featherfarm,
    I love your solution to this.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    That is an awesome idea, featherfarm! I will have to use this when my children overwhelm me with requests.