Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  27
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about not being able to crochet but you must not do things to fast or to much at one time. Do as your doctor advises. In mean time just get all the things you want to do sorted into the colors you want ant put in bags or something that you can store them in and have at ready when you can start crocheting again. Get better soon

Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by galowskid View Post
    I am new to this site but I just have to say I had surgery 2 weeks ago on my left hand and I am in a cast for 5 weeks and it is bugging me and I want to try to crochet so bad but I am only to wiggle my fingers! Was trying to cook supper the other night also talked to the nurse and she yelled at me! I was trying to do too much!

Hi galowskid,
    Maybe while your hand is in a cast you can look at patterns to see what you want to crochet. It looks like you can use the computer; maybe you can find some patterns online or watch some videos on youtube or something. I hope you can get the cast off soon and that your hand heals well and quickly so you can get back to doing what you love - crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom View Post
    Earlier this year, I fell and broke both the big bones in my wrist. It healed okay but affected my hand severely. It is still painful to crochet, but I do it for therapy. I don't enjoy it like I did before the fall. I am coloring now. It's fun but I wish I could get my crochet desire back!
    Hi Magnolia,
    How are you? Have you gotten your crochet desire back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by galowskid View Post
    I am new to this site but I just have to say I had surgery 2 weeks ago on my left hand and I am in a cast for 5 weeks and it is bugging me and I want to try to crochet so bad but I am only to wiggle my fingers! Was trying to cook supper the other night also talked to the nurse and she yelled at me! I was trying to do too much!
    Hi Galowskid,
    Are things better for you? Is your hand better? Are you back to crocheting?

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet, embroidery work, cross stitch and now doing plastic canvas tissue box cover with a college logos for a granddaughter. Just finished crocheting a large afghan/blanket for a son for Christmas and now must finish an afghan fro a daughter. I also do book reviews so keep busy. Crocheting is the best I think to relax.

Post Thanks / Like

Needle Tatting

Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    I've decided to try my hand at needle tatting (the newer version where you work the stitches on the needle). I saw there was such a thing as cro-tatting, but not a lot of instruction on that. Then I saw that cro-tatting was really the same as needle tatting, except you use a tatting crochet hook instead of the needle. Actually I thought about this last year, but I thought tatting was done only with a shuttle, and the photos I saw put me off because I'm not so sure I'm that coordinated! My research also revealed that once you get good enough, the shuttle tatting patterns can be understood by a needle tatter, so I wouldn't be short-changing myself if I don't learn how to use a shuttle. On to new adventures!
    Attachment 14032
    Hi Nova55,
    I just read the above post where you are talking about needle tatting. I watched you tube videos to learn how to do it. All the videos were with a shuttle so I didn't want to try it. Then I found a video using long needles. It was so easy and the instructions were easy to follow. I had to watch a couple of times to remember which way to lay the needle across the thread depending on the curve you wanted. It is true once you know the stitches you can use your shuttle patterns with needles. My first attempt was bookmarks. I made them as I watched the video. I haven't made anything since as I have been crocheting and knitting for the new grandbaby. I forgot all about tatting. I have attached the videos I used to make my first tatting projects.
    The first video is part 1 and the second one is part 2.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 09-27-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother used to tat with the shuttle. There were some beautiful items made this year that I saw at Minnesota State Fair.
    Thanks for the video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnleona View Post
    My mother used to tat with the shuttle. There were some beautiful items made this year that I saw at Minnesota State Fair.
    Thanks for the video.
    Hello, You are welcome for the videos.

I wanted to learn how to tat with the shuttle there are so many pretty ones to choose from. After watching the videos with the shuttles I knew I could not do it. I admire your mother her talent.

Spoula