Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  172
Page 25 of 81 First ... 1523242526273575 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Shelley, the scarf you first showed us was it boucle yarn? just wondering.
    Donna, did you see my new Boucle pieces on here? I think under pics, not 100% on that but the word Boucle is in the title I think, not 100% on that either I am 100% sure they're on my fb crochet page tho!
    I did 3 Boucle patterns & a Triple Colorblock infinity last month. With Boucle, that I was determined to use since I had a box filled with 4 types and colors, the trick turned out to be like using L.B. Homespun to me. I really loved working with it once I got a proper hook size working with some good stitches for the type, they made great infinities and cowls! So soft and silky, warm but not hot, that's my winter requirement - never too hot! In case you can't find them on here and want to see: https://www.facebook.com/crochet.by.susans.soul.shines

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Hey Susan, I love that scarf pattern! I've made many scarves using it, it's one of my favorites. I like to use Caron Simply Soft yarn with this pattern. The scarves always turn out so beautiful.

Hugs,
    Shelley
    It's a fantastic pattern, I can't believe I found it and thought it was a different pattern but wasn't sure, I just knew it reminded me of yours from that post I loved the 1st time I saw it! I love watching pieces like this come together right before my eyes... like my1st shawl that I'm simply in love with, it was that pretty Caron's Sticks and Stones. The Unforgettable Scarf was some colorful unusual generic, which was great to use. Right now I have 3-4 patterns picked out for using this weight yarn, and I have a different black and 2 kinds of DK weights in red left to make them with.

Those colors match tops I have and the red will be good for holidays too. The fabric warehouse rarely has light weight yarn as far as I can tell, and when they do people grab it up quick. I got my $1.00 Vanna Glamour there and it had the brand label on it, which they do have there sometimes. I got a nice big soft L.B. cotton for 1.00 last time. I love yarn and I love low prices, lol!

Now that I think about it, the yarn I'm using on this scarf is very much like Caron's in fact, but absolutely no splitting, which is a pleasure. Caron's can get aggravating but I still use it when I have it. The black that I have now is soft and satiny and has that Caron's feel to it. It's fantastic to work with! I want to get my hands on some natural fibers, like alpaca, merino sport. a bamboo/cotton blend.. some things I've never tried. I'll bet they're amazing. I have one natural blend of wool & mohair that is wonderful and I'm thinking of a Newsboy hat with it. Talkatcha later!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Let's start a thread showing what projects we're currently working on! We'd all love to see your photos!

I just started a pretty light-weight scarf using a size F hook and a super silky yarn in variegated colors of pink, lavender, and yellow. The yarn is actually a #3 baby yarn that I have leftover from a chevron baby blanket I recently made.

Here's a link to the pattern. Keep in mind that it's written in UK English, so the TC is actually a DC in American English. Last winter, I made several scarves for gifts, using this awesome pattern. I'm loving the way it's turning out!

Crocheted Scarf {Free Pattern} - A Spoonful of Sugar

Shelley
    This is a perfect spring color Shelley, finish it and have it when spring hits next year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew LOL. I making afghans for all 3 of my granddaughter s for Christmas. On the plus side when I get bored working on one ,I switch to another! Praying I get them done in time!

Monica

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I made some booties for a 6-12 month old not knowing who I was going to give them to or if I was going to put them in the mission box. My sister suggested that I can give them to my niece's daughter who is 6 months old.

When I made the 1st bootee and got to rows 10-13 I think I only crocheted one row. So when I crocheted the 2nd bootee I crocheted rows 10-13 but then I took some out/frogged some cause I thought they should both be the same so when I got to rows 10-13 I only crocheted one row. They still didn't quite look the same. They ended up being open on the toe so I decreased stitches till it closed.

Today I looked at the pattern again and it says I'm suppose to crochet an instep. So should I take out the decreased stitches and do the instep or just leave it? I've never done an instep. I just thought you might have an opinion. I'm working on the hat now.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished the hat but I had a few more stitches than it said I was supposed to have so what the pattern said for the row I was able to do 2 more times than what it said and at the end of one row I still had one more stitch so I did a sc. And at the end I had to dec some more stitches but the hat is done.
    Jean Marie - hugs ♥

Post Thanks / Like
    What Project Are You Working On?-006-jpg I just finished these for my grandkids to take to school for Halloween. I made 22 each of the sucker covers and the two pumpkin baskets are for the teachers

8. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Everyone!

I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before!!! I just caught up with all of your beautiful projects here!! I am so impressed with the talent you all possess! Many thanks for all of the wonderful patterns you have posted here!!

I just finished a small rope basket. I've always wanted to try to make one, but mine turned out so horrible, I wouldn't dare take a photo of it!! Well, its not THAT bad, but not good either. Now, I am making myself some boot cuffs. I finished the first one last night and will start on the second one tomorrow. Will post a pic when finished.

Tonight, my hubby & I are hosting our annual Halloween party at our yacht club. We ordered full-length bear costumes (actually hooded pajamas) and are going as "Dancing Bears". Our boat's name is Dancing Baehr. Do any of you go to Halloween parties?

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I am making a doily from a pattern in a 1954 Workbasket. It is titled Ruffle Edged Doily and I am stuck on round 17. I can't decide if the dc on the space below is every other relit ion or continuous. I could use some help!What Project Are You Working On?-image-jpg

11. Likes misskitty287, Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Help!!!!!

Why can't I get my photos to upload?
    Attached Images Attached Images What Project Are You Working On?-image-jpg