Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Shelley, I've had the pleasure of meeting dancingbaehr , Jo, she is so sweet just a doll !!! We are hoping to get together as soon as she gets back from vacation. I would love to meet you and sooooo many others it would be awesome!!! Love ya Winnie
    Hi Winnie!
    You are too kind! Thanks for the sweet thing you said about me. I am so happy we have met in person. Folks, Winnie here is the sweetest person you could ever meet! I wish you all could meet her!!

Shelley, I love your idea of a potluck get-together crochetfest! Maybe some day we can all do just that. I wonder if another Hooker Meeting is being considered by anyone. What fun that would be! I want to meet all of you!!!

~~ Hugs to all of you dear people, Jo ♥♥♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our roads in north Alabama today have an inch of ice on them today. Lots of sleet last night and then snow on top of it. No sunshine today and the temp is in the 20s and teens tonight. No fireplace though, I wish!

So today is a total crochet day for me!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Shelley I hope you are cozy warm making slippers, afghan etc. Try to keep warm. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, our snow was beginning to melt I could even see my car then we got 6 plus inches last night!! Really cold in the morning it's supposed to be -2 with high near 20 so I'm snowed in again. :-(. Glad I have my crocheting to do and don't need to go out!! Take care, keep warm love ya Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi LI Roe,
    I gave up crocheting for Lent.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayamama View Post
    LI Roe,
    I'm on a yarn diet for lent. But a book? Hmmm, there's a possibility.
    A yarn diet??? That's funny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwww thank you Jo !! I am looking forward to seeing you again in March :-) I'm so glad you and Bill could get away for an extended vacation and miss all this snow, ice and brrrrr cold!! It looks like there is a warm up coming our way next week just praying it won't cause bad flooding. Take care see ya soon love ya bunches!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Our roads in north Alabama today have an inch of ice on them today. Lots of sleet last night and then snow on top of it. No sunshine today and the temp is in the 20s and teens tonight. No fireplace though, I wish!

So today is a total crochet day for me!

Shelley
    We have no ice, no snow, nothing but wind and cold, but every few days the wind blows in a upper 60's temperature day, then it plummets down to 40 that night, we never know what to expect. We did get a dusting of snow and then a day of ice on trees and some parts of road where the sun never hit, when the arctic blast blew the really painfully cold weather our way, but we rarely get snow or ice here in the northwestern part of SC. I can barely wear my crocheted winter wear, but I did wear my new poncho to the dr yesterday and it felt wonderful, not even hot on a nice sunny day! I think the soft yarn was prefect choice for me and for where I live. I hope everybody stays safe and warm, and has plenty to crochet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Roe, I didn't know March was crochet month!!! I guess we should check out some sales!! Love ya Winnie
    A lot of sites are having 'giveaways' this month, too, maybe one o us will get lucky and win something?! I enter but never win... I want a craft light with magnification attached, but man are they expensive. I'm going to check any places OTHER than craft stores for something like that that will be more affordable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Wouldn't it be so much fun if we all lived near each other? We could have a potluck lunch and spend the afternoon crocheting together!

Shelley
    It would be GREAT if we could do thatShelley!
    One friend I met online in 2006 came to visit me a few years ago and we've remained phone /internet friends ever since... but she doesn't crochet and I know she gets sick of hearing me talk about things she has no idea what it means, lol.. she was once a nationwide sewing champion, at age 13 she won a national contest, a sewing machine, a scholarship, cash, blots of material & sewing supplies, and the piece she entered was the 1st thing she'd ever made! Some people are just born with special gifts. She can't sew any more due to eye problems, but she made a ton of beautiful things in her day.

Another special friend of mine is the one who passed her mothers 50+ yrs old set of crochet hooks to me when I told her I was going to learn to crochet. There is EVERY single size, incl tiny surgical tool size, lol, that ever exists but I did have to buy an M and a P. Two of them a Bates and a Boye, have the prices engraved, one is 10 cents and one 25 cents (!!) and thy say 'made in the usa' on them. I am honored to be using these hooks, still in perfect condition, metal, stainless tell, is is virtually indestructable (SP?). She said she wanted them to continue making crochet so she mailed me the whole set. How sweet was that?! she herself doesn't crochet, but her mom did.