Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

March is National Crochet Month

Does anyone have any special plans to celebrate National Crochet Month in March? Other than continuing to crochet, I will have to buy a couple of skeins (at least) of yarn and a new crochet magazine or book (like I really need a reason anyway, LOL).

Roe

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes Barbara G., dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't it be so much fun if we all lived near each other? We could have a potluck lunch and spend the afternoon crocheting together!

Shelley

4. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, I've had the pleasure of meeting dancingbaehr , Jo, she is so sweet just a doll !!! We are hoping to get together as soon as she gets back from vacation. I would love to meet you and sooooo many others it would be awesome!!! Love ya Winnie

6. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Shelley, I've had the pleasure of meeting dancingbaehr , Jo, she is so sweet just a doll !!! We are hoping to get together as soon as she gets back from vacation. I would love to meet you and sooooo many others it would be awesome!!! Love ya Winnie
    Hi Winnie!
    You are too kind! Thanks for the sweet thing you said about me. I am so happy we have met in person. Folks, Winnie here is the sweetest person you could ever meet! I wish you all could meet her!!

Shelley, I love your idea of a potluck get-together crochetfest! Maybe some day we can all do just that. I wonder if another Hooker Meeting is being considered by anyone. What fun that would be! I want to meet all of you!!!

~~ Hugs to all of you dear people, Jo ♥♥♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwww thank you Jo !! I am looking forward to seeing you again in March :-) I'm so glad you and Bill could get away for an extended vacation and miss all this snow, ice and brrrrr cold!! It looks like there is a warm up coming our way next week just praying it won't cause bad flooding. Take care see ya soon love ya bunches!!!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Awwwww thank you Jo !! I am looking forward to seeing you again in March :-) I'm so glad you and Bill could get away for an extended vacation and miss all this snow, ice and brrrrr cold!! It looks like there is a warm up coming our way next week just praying it won't cause bad flooding. Take care see ya soon love ya bunches!!!
    Hi Winnie!

We left Arizona today and are in Santa Fe, NM tonight. Will be in Colorado for a few days and then back home next week. I hear it is supposed to get into the 60's by then. YAYYYYY!!! I was afraid we'd come home to tons of snow and ice.
    We'll need to get together soon!!
    Love ya, Girlfriend!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Wouldn't it be so much fun if we all lived near each other? We could have a potluck lunch and spend the afternoon crocheting together!

Shelley
    It would be GREAT if we could do thatShelley!
    One friend I met online in 2006 came to visit me a few years ago and we've remained phone /internet friends ever since... but she doesn't crochet and I know she gets sick of hearing me talk about things she has no idea what it means, lol.. she was once a nationwide sewing champion, at age 13 she won a national contest, a sewing machine, a scholarship, cash, blots of material & sewing supplies, and the piece she entered was the 1st thing she'd ever made! Some people are just born with special gifts. She can't sew any more due to eye problems, but she made a ton of beautiful things in her day.

Another special friend of mine is the one who passed her mothers 50+ yrs old set of crochet hooks to me when I told her I was going to learn to crochet. There is EVERY single size, incl tiny surgical tool size, lol, that ever exists but I did have to buy an M and a P. Two of them a Bates and a Boye, have the prices engraved, one is 10 cents and one 25 cents (!!) and thy say 'made in the usa' on them. I am honored to be using these hooks, still in perfect condition, metal, stainless tell, is is virtually indestructable (SP?). She said she wanted them to continue making crochet so she mailed me the whole set. How sweet was that?! she herself doesn't crochet, but her mom did.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I started celebrating early. Hobby Lobby had a sale last week on Artiste crochet thread and I bought 4 balls in different colors. Has anyone used this brand? I guess I'm just used to Aunt Lydia's, J & P Coats or South Maid because I found it to be too soft and had a hard time adjusting my tension as well as keeping it on my hook. However, the doily I made and blocked turned out just fine. No other plans to celebrate unless I find another sale!
    Shelley, I'm ready for lunch and crocheting anytime!!!
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

12. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like your idea, Shelley. Wondering if anyone has made a crochet connection. I know that the friend(ships) that I have made on here I would enjoy meeting each and everyone of them.

Robyn/Joyyyy

14. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe, I didn't know March was crochet month!!! I guess we should check out some sales!! Love ya Winnie

16. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post