Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tas,

I started out with about 5 or 6 rows of HD, then in the same color I did several rows in the seed stitch. I kept the number of rows different so it wasn't exact stripes of colors. But it could be done how ever a person would like to do it. I did both the HD rows and the seed stitch rows in each color. I have made this with solid colors also and it looks really nice, it shows a lot of texture with the solid color.

One of these days I am going to try making the seed stitch using a TC. That would give it more of a texture too I would think.

I try to keep my eyes out for nice textured stitches and make my own afghan patterns out of them. I like a warm afghan, so I like the closed stitches best, rather then the patterns with large openings in them.....although they are very pretty.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by tas View Post
    So Judi, is that one row seed sttich and one row HD? Your deed stitch sounds like it might give some texture to some thinner yarn that I have stowed away

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the note. I would love to have the crochet hat pattern from kaisensei Would it be possible to get this pattern?
    I have been busy crocheting purses and hats. I love, love to crochet. My sons want me to make things and sell them. I would rather
    make things and give them to others. I don't like the pressure of having to finish something in a certain amt. of time. Anyone have any
    patterns for hats or purses?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning to all,
    Most of my time is spent in bed, due to a lot of diseases. Despite being in pain all the time, I am very happy and at peace. Crochet, knitting, and the internet add so much to my joy of life. This site is just wonderful and adds much to my day. Every morning, I so look forward to the time I can spend with you.
    Thanks to all of you for great information and insight!

Best Wishes.
    Mary Ellen

4. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary Ellen,

So nice to meet you. I am so glad for Crochet Talk myself, and how wonderful it is to bring us all together and share our live of crochet together. I am sorry to hear of your health issues, and I give you much credit for finding joy even through the pain. Keep a stiff upper lip and show those diseases who is boss. I think our attitudes can take us a long way, glad to hear yours is positive.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres522 View Post
    Good Morning to all,
    Most of my time is spent in bed, due to a lot of diseases. Despite being in pain all the time, I am very happy and at peace. Crochet, knitting, and the internet add so much to my joy of life. This site is just wonderful and adds much to my day. Every morning, I so look forward to the time I can spend with you.

Best Wishes.
    Mary Ellen

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty new to crochet and particularly afghan. Like others though I like the repetitiveness of it. I made a ripple stitch one that turned out great and was surprisingly easy to do. I also made one with a pattern out of cluster stitches (I think, anyway it made "bumps' that made a pattern), it was the hardest because i would lose count and get the bumps in the wrong place . I don't currently have a project going but want to make a scarf for my sister out of some nice burgundy yarn I have. Mostly I like making the baby afghans but would like to get into making some clothing too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ceres! It's nice to meet you. I too am new to this site. I love crocheting and do it often. I'm always on the lookout for a new pattern to try out. Take care and I wish you well. Your new buddy, Betty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceres522 View Post
    Good Morning to all,

Best Wishes.
    Mary Ellen

Post Thanks / Like
    I love making afghans, baby or full size. The biggest one I've made so far is an octagonal queen size for my sister and the smallest a simple single crochet rectangle for preemies for charity. I do ripples, granny squares, afghan stitch...any pattern that catches my eye. Just really think afghans are fun to make.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragondrummer View Post
    I love making afghans, baby or full size. The biggest one I've made so far is an octagonal queen size for my sister and the smallest a simple single crochet rectangle for preemies for charity. I do ripples, granny squares, afghan stitch...any pattern that catches my eye. Just really think afghans are fun to make.
    hi there, just wondering what type of yarn you use for your preemie blankets, seems some are unsuitable,
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tas,
    Unless the hospitals specifically ask for something else, I generally use Bernat Baby acrylic or Hobby Lobby (do you have those in Australia?) I Love This Yarn Baby - also an acrylic. Cotton is also a good bet. Usually anything that can be washed and dried is OK.
    Last edited by dragondrummer; 06-28-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate any pattern that requires me to put it together after I have crocheted it. So no granny squares for me. I guess my favorite is one that is a little challenging but has some texture in it. I love the popcorn stitch and all the different versions of it.

12. Likes Judi Gums, Beviboo, Val liked this post