Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Rushinred, It's great to meet another NY'er.. So where in Conn. are you? My husband is from Simsbury, We are planning a trip in May for a great reunion.. My Father-in-law will be 90 and still runs circles around me.. I love Simsbury so much it's totally beautiful , but being a city girl, I'm not sure about living there. Although, I'm game for giving it a try.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in Cheshire - not too far from Simsbury (nothing in CT is far from anything in CT). I'll be in Gainesville myself in March. My baby granddaughter is having kidney surgery (very scary) and I want to be there.
    If you like, Email me when you are 'local' if you have some unplanned minutes - maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee or at a convenient yarn store. (alice@darterpress.com)

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Alice, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby granddaughter.. I pray that God keeps his hand on her during surgery and she heals quickly..Please keep me posted...
    That would be awesome if we can meet.. my email is manicnurs@yahoo.com. I'll check in with you when I get there.
    Hugs <3 Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushinred View Post
    Glad to hear you figured it out! I was going to make a simple sweater for my grandson this weekend and after frogging the various pieces more times than I can count, I finally gave up! I'm back to blankets and toys. SOOOO frustrating! I started crocheting almost 50 years ago and still can't make a simple garment.
    Ya know Rushinred sometimes it isn't the crocheter...it is the pattern! I learned how to read crochet charts last year and I prefer them since every stitch is indicated right there in the chart. To read a written pattern is not always easy because who ever writes it is in what they imagine in their head....or .... sometimes not even correct! I made 8 pairs of slippers for my dance assistants for Christmas and I was soooo stuck on the pattern on the first pair until I realized that there was a mistake in the pattern. So I just revised what I thought it should read and ....it went perfect. I re wrote the pattern for my 21 year old poor college student daughter for her to make slippers for her friends at school for Christmas gifts too and she worked up a whole bunch. But you see like I said it may be the pattern.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

5. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pattern advice - you are definitely right. I'm going to try the graph patterns, once I can learn the signs. Maybe see you in May - cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah View Post
    Hiya Alice, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby granddaughter.. I pray that God keeps his hand on her during surgery and she heals quickly..Please keep me posted...
    That would be awesome if we can meet.. my email is manicnurs@yahoo.com. I'll check in with you when I get there.
    Hugs <3 Teresa

7. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Alice, That "mistake" has happened to me many times.. I can't tell you how often I have to tweak the pattern a bit.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent most of last night pulling it out so I can use the yarn for something else - maybe an accessory for a teddy bear. Have to decide what to work on next - too many started projects need to be finished, but I'm just not in the mood for them right now. What are you working on?

10. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushinred View Post
    I spent most of last night pulling it out so I can use the yarn for something else - maybe an accessory for a teddy bear. Have to decide what to work on next - too many started projects need to be finished, but I'm just not in the mood for them right now. What are you working on?
    Well besides the infant dress, I have a thread headband almost finished for a little dancer who liked mine and wanted one. But we are on winter break here so I won't see her until Tuesday...and I also have a triangular scarf 1/3 of the way finished. But I am not sure when the baby shower will be for this little one coming into the world the last week of May so that has to take first preference.....I love amigurumi so I also have a chicken started....ahhhhh too many projects!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

12. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would be attaching it as it seems to instruct, I think you have it when you sc after the 2 ch, that is where you are on row 8- sometimes they change from going back and forth to keep the pattern looking right or you have done enough rounds to make an appropriate opening and now the skirt will look so much nicer in the round rather than open. good luck, it sounds like you are on your way