Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your support and encouragement...Crochettalk is always filled with helpful experienced people.

I did what you beautiful ladies said and just did what I believed to be so and it worked!

I just couldn't figure out why I had to finish off on row 7 only to reattach to rnd 8????? So I did it my way and didn't finish off I just continued on with the 2 chain stitches in rnd 8 and worked it the way the pattern stated the rest of the way.

Again thank you all for your encouragement....I may request more on this pattern as I go along. I never made a complete crochet baby dress in #3 cotton before...this is a first for me...it is a present for a fellow dance teacher who will be having her first baby in May....so I want it to be special...
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

2. Likes N/A, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teri I believe they wrote it that way so that if you wanted to make the dress is 2 colors that you have a starting point for a color change
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    Teri I believe they wrote it that way so that if you wanted to make the dress is 2 colors that you have a starting point for a color change
    Wow....I would have never thought of that! Very good point! Yes that would make sense...
    I am making the whole dress in tangerine and it will have an Ivory ribbon. Then I found a pattern for infant ballet slippers, actually they are booties with long ribbons...the trouble is I saved it in my computer and now I have to try to find it as I don't remember what I labeled it. LOL I tried to show it to my husband yesterday and now I can't find the pattern! LOL

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Teri, This sounds so very beautiful.. I'm so anxious to see it when it is completed.. Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE= Teri Then I found a pattern for infant ballet slippers, actually they are booties with long ribbons...the trouble is I saved it in my computer and now I have to try to find it as I don't remember what I labeled it. LOL I tried to show it to my husband yesterday and now I can't find the pattern! LOL[/QUOTE]

if you downloaded the file check recent downloads if you saved the website then look under your bookmarks if you copy and pasted then check in your documents
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    if you downloaded the file check recent downloads if you saved the website then look under your bookmarks if you copy and pasted then check in your documents

I did type it in my search and not coming up with it. I think I may have named it something different and it was with another baby dress...so I have to search my internet history most likely...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the only reason to bind off, is to be sure to be working on the right side, sounds like you are on the right track.
    Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you figured it out! I was going to make a simple sweater for my grandson this weekend and after frogging the various pieces more times than I can count, I finally gave up! I'm back to blankets and toys. SOOOO frustrating! I started crocheting almost 50 years ago and still can't make a simple garment.

11. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Rushinred, I think that happens to all of us.. There seems to be a particular item that seems to have us end up with 10 thumbs...
    Also, Welcome to this site.. The members are so nice and eager to assist you... I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. Teresa

13. Likes Rushinred liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I do enjoy the site - lots of great info and nice people. I just noticed you lived in Bklyn. I was born there but my folks moved when I was about 1 yr old. I've moved around a lot too - back and forth between the east coast and mid-west, now living in CT - which is no picnic! Much too expensive a depressing here. Crocheting-wise, I keep trying to make things for my new grandkids - a 6 mos old boy, one 19 mos old girl and a 5 yr old girl. Blankets and toys are whats in store for them for a while! Thanks for friending me.

15. Likes teresah liked this post