Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you read Celeste DeBlasis? Proud Breed.Came out quite a while ago. But I thought it was wonderful! Would make a great movie. It starts out when the U.S. is still a territory. One of the main people is 16 at the start & I think she was 100 when it ended. Lots of history but such a good story. Tour library could get it for you if they don,t have it themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite kind of book

My favorite reading is "Regency Romances"! I live in a Retirement Village and we have quite a good library with a large Romance section. I am too old to appreciate the Contemporary Romances but I enjoy relaxing with a Regency.

I have read all of ours several times. I know because I note the date inside the cover and after a couple of years I don't mind reading them again, but I would like some new titles. If anyone who reads this can find some in a garage sale and will mail me a few, I will send you a pattern for crocheting a cute bookmark, much better than a cardboard one.

Carrie
    Last edited by Carrie; 02-29-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Carrie I wish I'd met you a couple of years ago. We used to sell used book online and we decided to get out of the business. We literally gave away thousands of books and I'm sure I easily had 100 Regency Romances. If I come across any, I will definitely grab tem for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read a lot...mostly mysteries. My new favorite author is James Grippando. I listen to audio books when in my studio if I don't have to "think". A friend recommended Janet Evanovich. I'm listening to my first book by her and laugh out loud at her humor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you read "e" books? If so there is a great read called "Sentence of Marriage". Can't remember the author's name but it is about two girls growing up in rural New Zealand and what happens in their lives. It has 3 sequels and they are all very inexpensive to read.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Janet Evonovich. They made a movie of her 1st book "One for the money". Haven't seen it yet or heard anything about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Theresa. I would appreciate any Regency Romances you can find for me, and others in my village who also enjoy them. Besides the easy Shamrock bookmark, I would be glad to pay the postage for mailing them. We no longer drive so can't look around for garage sales. Carrie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! I just finished reading "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo. It's about a little boy's account of his short 5-minute trip to heaven when he "died" in the hospital when he was 4 years old. It's one very believable story which I'm sure a lot of you will enjoy. I have a copy in epub format so if you'd like a copy, you can just send me a message here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carrie - I have asked a group of friends to keep their eyes open as yard sale season is just getting under way here. Hopefully, we can get you a few new books to read.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your, and your friend's help. I hadn't thought of a "garage/yard sale season", but you are right, it is warming up.
    I read of one that advertised itself as a GROJ sale. That stands for Get Rid Of Junk!

11. Likes Theresa L liked this post