Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read like a fiend (when I'm not crocheting or beading) I love vampires, werewolves and all those supernatural romance novels. Its amazing how many are out there, Just to name Gena Showalter, she writes excellent novels and they do keep wanting to read on and on. Lots of action.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to read! I enjoy Non Fiction, Science Fiction, Mysteries, Christian Books, Biographies....
    I am presently reading, " WE BAND OF ANGELS -The Untold Story of American Nurses Trapped on Bataan by the Japanese". By Elizabeth M. Norman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Koolgooseygramm - That sounds like a wonderful book. I am going to check my local library for that one. I love historical books like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter has a bunch of interesting reads. One book she recomended was the Hunger Games. I thought, nah....and now a movie; double nope. Well, she wanted all three of her copies to be hardcover, so she sent me her paperback and I enjoyed reading it; I really enjoyed Life of Pi; For those of you who have younger grandchildren the Junie B Jones series is HILARIOUS; I stopped collecting when I went into surgery. So she was still in kindergarten. As a fomer teacher I liked to use the above series to help children read.

5. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering about Life of Pi. I am reading The girl with the Dragon Tatoo. I am torn about it- I reaaly like it, and I really dislike it.

7. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa and Koolgooseygramma, I really liked Life of Pi and Water for Elephants... I've not started anything new lately because I'm trying to get my craft/sewing room organized... just need to get a long table top and I'll be able to get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beviboo I was interested in water for elephants....so you enjoyed it? W/ life of Pi at first I didn't listen to the critis and just started to read the jacket in the store, bought it and have read it twice over. I heard it was suppose to be made into a movie, but M.Night made lady in the water (which I personally didn't care for...). I usually like the book over the movie except Big Fish; I liked the movie over the book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I just remembered another book I enjoyed. I can't recall the author but it's called 1,000 white women. It is fiction but based on history; A Native American friend of mine, he told me to give it a try and so I did. I gave it back to him and then another friend of ours had it at her house and I was like I read that and who recomended it; it was his book and he recomended it to them. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I read a lot. My daughter gave both my husband and I Kindles for b'days last summer and we read all the time. I just finished Patrick Melrose: Novels and At Last. Sorry to say it was pure agony to get through them. I would pretty much not recommend unless you like that sort of thing. Patrick was born into a very dysfunctional family, and it only got worse with his father's abuse, etc. He turned to drugs of all kinds etc.

Right now I am reading The Dog Park: A collection of stories and I love it!!!!! So I crochet for a while and read for a while!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ladies, I just read two nice books really liked them alot. "Papar Angles" by Billy Coffee, (I hope I spelled it right,) he also wrote :Snow Day" and "The Dressmaker" by Kate Alcott about what happened after the Titanic. Never knew what happened after. I was also thinking( or dreaming) about your craft room Beviboo. How about a door for your long table. I have used a hollow core one once when we set up an antique train. worked well.
    Good stiching
    Billie