Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  58
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    It really hurts to put down an animal you've become so close to...a member of your family. I had to put my cat down last year. She was in great pain because of her liver.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetgal View Post
    My Tara is an English Staffordshire terrier and she's the most adorable dog ever. Next to my Sasha who was a short haired collie. I had to have her put down 3 weeks ago because her arthritis just got too bad and she wasn't able to walk any more.
    My sincere condolences for your loss. Our pets mean so much to us because they give us unconditional love (well, dogs do; I'm not so sure about some cats...my cat comes to mind).

It's really hard when you have to make that dreaded decision. There's a feeling of guilt along with the sorrow of knowing you won't be seeing her or him again...at least on this plane of existence...but when their quality of life deteriorates it is a kindness to do it. That's the downside of being a responsible pet owner (tho I think my pets, past & present, owned/own me).

Post Thanks / Like
    The Orientals aren't hairless just slim & sleek like the Siamese.Just different colors.But gorgeous.

4. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I had to put 2 of my two girls to sleep in 2010 eight months apart. But, I had them for 12 incredible years. They had both developed tumors. I did what needed to be done, but I was angry I had the power of life and death over them. Still miss them. That is the risk. The reward is companionship and love. Here's to all the different animals that burrow their way into our hearts! Caro

Post Thanks / Like

Silly Fatboy

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Thank you!! He is my silly fatboy, LOL
    I have a big guy too! I call him "Fatty" (really original, I know). I also do not have the heart to move the big guy when he's in the way. If he's laying on my lap and I have to use the restroom, I'll wait till I absolutely HAVE TO before I'll make him move...... How pathetic is that?

7. Likes Carolyn1953, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Caro, I am so sorry to hear this. I had never thought about that, that I have that power over him! That is scary to me! I have had to put one kitty down, t was several years ago, I was devastated about it. I adore my Smudge pooter, I hope we still have lots of years together.

Sheila, I can relate!! When he are sleeping so peacefully, I do NOT want to disturb him, I completely understand. Sometimes, though, I wake up in the middle of the night and realize that my pooter boy is hogging the middle of the bed. I sleep in a twin bed, is that what they are called these days? A single size, it is a hospital bed, I have spinal cord problems and I need the adjustments it can make. So, he hogs the middle of the bed and I am hanging off the edge of it. I must remember to lay down to sleep in the middle of HIS bed, LOLOL, when he is peacefully snoozing in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheila R- My Oreo just laid down in the middle of a candle ring I,m trying to get ready for Christmas Craft shows I do. For some reason this past week she wants to sit in my lap ALL the time.She thinks I should sit all day with her in my lap.She walked on my computer keyboard the other day & my facebook disappeared. My son Had to come & find it for me. He says throw her across the room. Course I told him no. Just have to pick up a paper & flip it & she leaves for awhile.Lots of company but boy is she a pest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Smudge will plant himself smack in front of my keyboard. He is big, so he completely blocks my screen from view! And my screen is sitting ON my computer tower!! Thankfully, he doesn't walk or step on the keyboard. He will press on the space bar at times, lol But that is when he is sitting in front of it, LOLOL He wants my attention, cos, of course, he acts like I do give him enough, LOL I am SO rolling my eyes!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    No pets but younger grandchildren almost the same problem, can't get the youngest one off my lap
    But I find with that sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladybug and Landon,
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's fat cat HAS to be on the computer keyboard! Thinks he can type!! lol I also have a problem with him coming into the bathroom with me no matter why I'm in there! If I shut the door, he puts his paws underneath the door trying to open it...... Pervert!!!

13. Likes Landon liked this post