Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Coffee....Or Tea

Good Morning Crocheters

Just would like to begin a thread for those of you who like to wake up and have a cup of coffee....or tea, in the morning and spend some time on CT. I do it every morning....I make my coffee, grab my laptop, sit on the living room couch and just have some fun before I go out to do my animal chores or throw clothes in the washer or make beds or have breakfast.

I am a working girl. I teach dance, my dream job from when I was a child. I can't think of any other occupation I would want to do more. At 60 years old, I am still at it 22 hours a week. Ballet, tap, gymnastics, jazz, lyrical and musical theater. Now don't get me wrong...I don't dance as I did when I was 20, but still kicking it!!

Join me in the mornings....grab your cup of what ever you enjoy, and lets talk .....about anything....crochet, your job, your pets (I love animals I am a vegan).... your lifestyle...I love getting to know new people!!!!!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

2. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post
    Likes AudreyL, Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello! It s me again! I love tea and coffee... but my inner parts are not agree with me after surgery. I have baby bird and another one died. Doilies for ever! Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Larisa
    I have my coffee : )

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, Teri. I like my coffee in the morning with my visit to Crochet Talk. Unlike you, I don't have a job to run off to but I do get out in the yard when weather permits. At this time of year, with all the rain we've had, there is an abundance of weeds to pull out of the flower beds. Our weather has been very Spring-like with above average temperatures this past week. I took most of my hanging plants out of the greenhouse, then this morning the weather man is forecasting near freezing temps for the end of the week. I will be watching that closely since I don't want to have to put them all back in again.

Like Larisa, I enjoy making doilies. I am still working on that Wedding Ring doily...had to take a break from it.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Good morning, Teri. I like my coffee in the morning with my visit to Crochet Talk. Unlike you, I don't have a job to run off to but I do get out in the yard when weather permits. At this time of year, with all the rain we've had, there is an abundance of weeds to pull out of the flower beds. Our weather has been very Spring-like with above average temperatures this past week. I took most of my hanging plants out of the greenhouse, then this morning the weather man is forecasting near freezing temps for the end of the week. I will be watching that closely since I don't want to have to put them all back in again.

Like Larisa, I enjoy making doilies. I am still working on that Wedding Ring doily...had to take a break from it.
    Oh Beverly....it is still freezing here....this morning it is 4 degrees at 6:45 am....the weather man is predicting sunny and a high of 30. I would so love to have a green house!! If nothing else but for tomato plants. I was born and raised in NJ ..."the Garden State" we grew so many tomatoes on our farm...600 of various varieties. Many I started from seed myself in our huge closed in porch. 3 sides had windows and it was glorious! But moving here to Central NY in the mountains...tomatoes are difficult. I am giving up this year on those and peppers and eggplant.

I know what you mean about getting bored with a project. I am making a double wedding ring quilt for my daughter's friend. I am making it as a shower gift. I began in January right after Christmas, and I am 1/2 way done. The bridal shower is April 26. So I have to get a move on. I do have a week vacation next week so I suppose I will crochet away all week! I took breaks to do smaller projects, just to come back a bit excited to do the quilt...but that wears off easily

Post Thanks / Like
    Teri, I feel for you. And I am complaining because it is 49 and cloudy. We been having in the 60's and Sunny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    It's 33 degrees at 7:15 pm.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Teri, I feel for you. And I am complaining because it is 49 and cloudy. We been having in the 60's and Sunny.
    Ohhh nice!!! A bit better this morning ...the weather site says that it is 36 and heading into the 40s! yay...heat wave...LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to make filet pieces. I hope to finish tablecloth in 2 weeks. It took a half of my life! And I have more plans to crochet big things
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

11. Likes sapphire43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    I love to make filet pieces. I hope to finish tablecloth in 2 weeks. It took a half of my life! And I have more plans to crochet big things
    You are amazing with your doilies and the huge projects you undertake with tiny thread, your talent is unbelievable!