Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 6 of 157 First ... 456781656106 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa
    I must agree with everyone else that your table cloth is AMAZING! I would not even have any idea where to even begin something like that! Truly a work of art. and I can see a lot of hours goes into a project such at that....just beautiful
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Well, good morning to you all. I'm just having coffee now. We had 2cm of snow a few day ago and since the it has rained ,snowed, frozen. This morning at 0700hrs my son calls and says don't go out today. There is 10cm of snow with ice! Very Icy. SOOoo, we stayed in a nice warm bed. When we got up our daughter messaged me and says, stay home today you don't need to fall. The roads are very icy and some roads have been closed. so here I am having a late coffee, but no swimming. Is there a picture of this table cloth? Teri I'm glad to hear others listen to audio books because my family think I nuts, they believe in TV. LOL!! no imagination. I must admit though if it's a difficult pattern or new I don't listen to books because I need to concentrate harder!
    Ohh it sounds like you have weather like we do here in Central NY. ....we had some rain late yesterday afternoon which made everything icey too...

Yes...when I do a complicated pattern when I have to concentrate on what I am doing I can not listen to anything....my youngest daughter though can watch TV and crochet! I can't for the life of me figure out how she does it. She was making and selling those fox hoods for people at Christmas time and when she was home for weekends (she is a college student and sometimes comes home on weekends if there is something going on in out area that she wants to attend) she would put on a dvd or her favorite show and crochet with out even looking at her work!

Right now, I am listening to the score of Christopher Wheeldon's ballet Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I think I may do a shortened version of it in next year's recital. So I need to listen to it over and over again. I have it in my Ipod and just put in my earphones and crochet away. I get ideas on how to stage productions that way. You can see clips of it on youtube so see what I want to do. There is a clip of the caterpillar and one of the Mad Hatter that I just love because he tap dances in the tea party scene...very different for a ballet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi,
    I used to have coffee all the time. I would even go over to church on a weekday just to have coffee and talk too. I used to drink coke at work. I don't have either of them anymore except once in a while coffee. I usually don't have coffee or tea either. Once in a while I have hot chocolate. After church when they have coffee and cookies or at Bible Study, if I want a cup of something I usually have a cup of hot water. Hot water tastes good. And without the caffeine!

What do I do in the morning? Devotions, Prayer, shower, dress, eat, I'm reading a book by Joni Eareckson Tada. It might be still morning when I sit down to knit. Every day is different. I take one day at a time.
    I have to stay away from cookies....for sure...I am the Cookie Monster! I can not eat just one...I have to eat them all...and now is Girl Scout cookie season. I can not buy those for I eat the entire box! My daughter likes hot water and a lemon slice. She is a theater major/dance minor at college and has vocal classes. She was chosen to learn opera and her vocal professor likes hot water and lemon so now my daughter drinks it too...

I am not bothered by caffeine. In fact I can drink a cup of tea or coffee at night and go right to sleep. They say that those with ADHD have a reverse affect from caffeine, that is slows them down instead of speed them up. I don't know...I was never diagnosed with it....when I was in school no one ever heard of ADHD so they may have missed me...LOL

I did eliminate all caffeine while pregnant though...not a drop....some expectant moms say ...oh just one cup a day is fine...but I wouldn't want to take that chance...

Post Thanks / Like
    My day went well yesterday...my classes were very smooth...however we had many dancers absent! Many are sick...each class had people missing and that is not good in the middle of show season. Too many empty places...and very difficult to rehearse when there are people missing.

On Wednesday nights, for an hour and a half, I have a group of girls who just don't seem to fit talent wise with any of the others their age. The are ages 14 -15 +/-. They just don't pick up as quickly as others, some started at an older age and are not as flexible or coordinated as others their age. So I grouped them together. They are not ballerinas for sure. They don't even like ballet which may be part of the problem...Ballet technique is the basis of all dance forms. They love popular music so their main class is jazz and I talked them into lyrical dance this year to sneak in a little ballet with out them knowing it. Lyrical dance is a combination of ballet and jazz and is danced to contemporary music that has somewhat of a message or story. I think my idea with them helped this year and they are doing well.

Their lyrical dance piece is to a song called Corner, by Allie Moss. I found it on youtube. The song has a nice message on how we need to help each other through a problem or crisis. I good message for teens I think. They will be wearing a very pretty gray costume with a flowing mid thigh skirt and pretty sequin designs on the torso. They are my problem group but I think they will "pull it off" this year in the show....I hope. Here is the link to the song on Youtube so you can hear it.

Now their jazz dance on the other hand is to a Korean Pop song called Baby Goodnight, by a band called B1A4. It is a very upbeat song and they love it! My daughter is into K-Pop music as the genre is called, she introduced me to the song. Very catchy tune.....and thankfully they are doing well with this..and here is a link to their jazz song...

So now you have a taste of my world....lets say it keeps me young LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, enjoy my coffee with some time either reading or on CT. I am not a morning person, so this is my time to sit quietly. Of course, if my husband gets up at the same time all bets are off because he sings, plays with the dog OR, God forbid, tries to talk to me. He is clearly a morning kind of guy. I mean, even the dog avoids me until I'm on my second cup. I will look forward to checking in with you. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning all, sounds like everyone has been very busy. it nice to see the changes as I think they often come with a new season, and it's a relief the winter is almost over. Thank goodness I don't have to pit on hats, scarves, heavy coat, extra legging and big clunky boots. A few more week before we just need a summer jacket or sweater. I've got my coffee and I'm answering email, and chatting with CT friends. I need to get busy with house stuff and get off the computer. I have been on the computer more since I started using this site.
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I have to have my coffee in the morning or I am a grump..I never thought to come in here I do check my email and then go about my day. i don't work outside the home. But i manage to find something to keep myself busy. Starting tomorrow I will try my hardest to come here first thing with my coffee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do I know about the husband talking before you get awake. We were married 33 years. He never did learn not to speak to me until I am fully awake which is an hour after I get up. You would think after 33 years he would have learned . But he past away last year. And no I didn't wring his neck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Teri, I feel for you. And I am complaining because it is 49 and cloudy. We been having in the 60's and Sunny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    It's 33 degrees at 7:15 pm.
    Jean