Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 43 of 157 First ... 3341424344455393143 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Gm everyone not much on talking hope all is well back to being hooked

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all! To answer your question Teri, red winter wheat can be used to make bread but usually they use a different variety. Duran and Semolina is usually what they use as far as I know. It's also used in pastas. Some red winter wheat is sent overseas to China, don't know what they use it for. One of my friends use their own wheat to make flour. And she makes almost all their bread products. She uses sourdough. Her cinnamon rolls are to die for. We used to use a loaf of her bread for communion at church. We all joked it was so good we wanted to go through the line again. Have a great day everyone!

3. Thanks Poinciana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning! Going to be a pretty day as I sip my coffee I hear the birds singing outside, busy getting ready for their day. I also am an avid reader. I have hard and paperback books and a kindle. Have more books than I could ever read. Love to go to our local library as well. Love book stores but end up spending more than I can afford. Used bookstores are fun too. Can trade out old ones. I also exchange books with friends. Have a wonderful day!
    Hi, Linda ... I think it's so wonderful to have tons of books. Add me to the avid reader list. My hubby and I enjoy many evenings without tv and can sit and read for hours, lol! We have a very lengthy list of favorite authors and we are eclectic in our choice of reading. The only books that don't get into our house are those "romance" things. My favorite book of all time is "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet, what an epic gem!

I've often considered getting a Kindle. Even though I go to Amazon online or to Barnes and Noble (the real store) and check them out, I'm still not sure how one gets the books on the Kindle without a computer. Just how does that work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryRMG View Post
    Wow!, I retired 2008, but after 3 mths with hubby went back as consultant. I am now fully retired, will be 59 in June and feel like my life is done. I can't seem to get anything finished. My dog Ceilidh had an operation on her leg, ACL. Which is healing well, but she is leash limited for next three months. I live on a waterfront acreage with hubby and dog Ceilidh who is recovering from leg surgery and is leash limited for next three months, but is healing well. When I was growing up in Scotland I always wanted to be a ballerina, but it was way to expensive for lessons. When we emmigrated to Canada, I did not like it at all, I used to skip school and hide out in the Knitting shop and crochet. I soon got over that and went back to school, but kept up the crochet. I now crochet, knit (only because at one time there were no nice crochet sweater patterns), cross stitch, sew, sometimes hand or machine quilt. The last three months or so I have been having a horrible time trying to find a project to crochet. I'm looking for a summer vest to crochet that is not made up of either single crochets or chains, which most of the patters I have found seem to be. My craft room is a disaster, which I have been attempting to organize for 6 months but have been procrastinating on. And the bunnies are eating all of the new plantings that I have put in! I am in the Sunny part of Canada, the very Western Part, Vancouver Island. Well, I think you are about 2 or 3 hours ahead of me, time wise. so have a good evening!
    Hi, Rosemary. I enjoyed reading this. My hubby's antecedents emigrated from Scotland, too, however, it was back in the late 1600s and they eventually ended up in western Tennessee when it was still sparsely inhabited by Europeans.

I love to crochet but like you have a somewhat difficult time finding projects I want. Not that I don't see many lovely things that I would like to make, it's just that living where I do we don't have much use for items that are too heavy/warm. I would love to make lots of afghans and hats and sweaters but don't have enough room to store winter things that will seldom be used. So I do make "tons" of things such as placemats and coasters, etc. Oh well!

Have a lovely day out there on Vancouver island! And stop by Crochet Talk often!

6. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello Rosemary et al! Tomorrow I am leaving at vacation. Have a good day == Larisa
    Have fun, Larisa, and take lots more photos that we can see! The ones you took last time are great!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Kindle uses the internet to download books from Amazon. You get lots and lots of free books. Usually they are the first book in a series, but not always.

9. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    wow....scary...they must resemble dragons! Not many reptiles up here in Central NY except snakes and turtles....and tiny newts like lizards....I think it gets too cold for them here in winter....heck ...it is too cold for me! But....we do have black bears, and coyotes....hahaha...
    Well, guess what, Teri, we have black bears and coyotes that like wandering around in neighborhoods. The bears, which I've never seen, stay in the western neighborhoods in the county, but the coyotes are seen sometimes near the beach. Also, foxes, raccoons, and possums... in the city! And best of all, alligators! And worst of all, those giant pythons ... scary for sure. I'd probably fall away in a faint and my heart would stop beating if I saw one of those snakes!

Post Thanks / Like

Kindle books...

Amazon also has a "Lending Library" for $9.99 (CDN not sure what is in US) per month I believe you can have 10 different books at one time on a total of 10 different devices. I share my Amazon account with my sis (she lives in Calgary, Alberta) and my husband. The Amazon account is under my name and visa and everything is done on this account. My sister and I are ardent readers and read about 4-5 books/wk we also read the same books so this is much more economical for us both.

12. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poinciana, thank you for responding to my post yesterday. I find that I am too loose in my crochet to do doilies, although I have done two pineapple design round tablecloths about 15-20 years ago. Any afghans I do now I donate to charity nowadays.

Today and tomorrow are gardening days. Need to get out there and do some cleanup. Unfortunately we have rabbits on the property that are eating my new growth perennials. My labradoodle, Ceilidh chased them all the time last few years and blew out her ACL Tendon, so she had an operation 5 weeks ago and has 3 mths recovery left. The rabbits are causing me a lot of trouble this year! I haven't been to Florida since 2009. My Husband and friend and I went to Disney World. We were thinking of 'renting' a couple kids to justify three 50+ Adults going to Disney World, but we thought what the heck, we'll go by ourselves, mainly because we didn't know anyone with kids anymore! I hope you have a great day in The Sunshine State.

14. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DLMhooked View Post
    Gm everyone not much on talking hope all is well back to being hooked
    Good Morning DLM
    I usually get on here about 6-6:30 am NY time. Where are you located?
    I try to limit myself to social media in the mornings....while I drink my Morning Coffee ; )
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com