Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh, Linda, you've got so much going on in your life right now. I can relate to menopause, I suffer through constant hot flashes, it's miserable. Today was a really "hot day" for me, again.

I'm glad your mom is doing better with this last chemo treatment. I know it's exhausting for you, and also a big worry, too. Make sure you take care of yourself, too, and get enough rest.

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda. Praying for you both. Don't worry about your weight right now --you have too much going on. With Annie I felt like we lived in the hospital --we even went on Sundays for blood c hecks. With Bill it wasn't quite so bad. The Lord Bless and Keep you both and give you His strength. Rest when you can it is exhausting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...menopause...I can certainly relate as today I am very emotional and find it so hard to concentrate...tried titrating but experienced way too many side effects...

Linda I think abt u and your mom often and keep you in my prayers. Well..saw going through the change and had to comment...I am told that it gets better...looking forward to brighter days for all of us because I do realize that someone, somewhere is going through a storm...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Susie Ann, Bennie, and Shelley. The last few days have been HOT and windy. I'm so exhausted. But thank goodness we stay home until next Tuesday. Mom's port is so painful and they've done tests on it. No leaks or blood clots. But everyone at the clinic including us are baffled why it's doing this. We are icing it and they will let it rest. So today they had to start a regular IV in her arm for her fluids. The port is suppose to make things easier and less painful. Mom really hurt today and the nurses feel so sorry for her. Hurts to touch it then aches after it's been messed with. Hopefully with the icing, Tylenol, and her regular arthritis pain meds she'll sleep better tonight. I was stressed earlier but I'm doing better now since we got home and I can relax a bit. My fibromyalgia is hurting a little more this evening. I'll take a couple ibuprofen, usually helps. Ok enough about us.

I hope you all had a great day! Bennie, your avatars picture is nice. What a pretty lady! I'd like to put a picture of myself up but my sister frowns upon giving too much 'information' on the internet. Though all you got to do is Google my name and there is some information already. Everyone enjoy your evening! Hugs to all!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, I feel so bad that your mom's port is causing her so much pain and discomfort. Bless her heart, she's got enough to deal with and she doesn't need that. You're taking such good care of her. Try to get some good rest yourself, too. I know this is a difficult time for you both.

Bennie, pretty lady! I always love being able to match a face with the name.

I've been home from work today, down with a migraine. I slept 4 hours this afternoon and it's mostly gone now, thank goodness.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda I hope the site where your mom's port is --starts feeling better. Hang in there both of you. Shelley I hope your headaches stop. Bennie very nice picture. I didn't get many hotflashes but I was hot all the time and sweat like a trooper. felt like I was in a rain forest all the time. Hope yours comes to an end soon. God Bless you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda,
    I was just thinking of a time when I had IV's and they had to change it from one arm to the other arm cause it hurt. This was a long time ago. The port that your Mom has might have to be moved to a different spot or place. Just a thought.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but it would take surgery to do it. And since they removed all her lymph nodes on the left side that arm cannot be used for IV's, blood tests, or blood pressures. Don't know about the placing of the port on that side. It's still hurting her and been icing. Have to see how it goes and what Dr's think. Thanks Jean Marie!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought, Linda..... I've had a lot of IVs in the past and when they hurt, a heating pad worked much better than ice. But y'all have to do what the doctor and nurses say. It might be worth a try.

Hugs,
    Shelley

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen them use heat to bring a vein up closer to the surface when drawing blood. I wonder... but usually swelling and irritation you use ice. I'm afraid to try anything but what they say. Don't want to do something wrong or make it worse. Next Thursday she'll see her chemo doc maybe he can figure something out or talk to surgeon again. At least we didn't have to go in today and rested some. Planning resting tomorrow too! Maybe several days of not using it will help because last weeks they used it 4 times one time chemo. But it didn't hurt until after chemo this time. And it doesn't look irritated or red like infection or from chemo irritation from a leak. Just a little puffy in the area around the port. Ah well, will see how it goes, one day at a time. It's more sore than achy today so she'll rest better I hope. Have a good night all. And thanks for the suggestions Shelley.