Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 42 of 157 First ... 3240414243445292142 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    It's wheat. It's called hard red winter wheat. It's planted in September gets a good start, it goes dormant in the winter then in spring it starts to grow and will turn golden brown in late May, early June when we harvest it. I'll try to remember to take pictures when it turns color. The heads come to maturity and dries out. And the beards stick out and the head turns downward. My family has raised wheat for at least 4 generations maybe more. Thanks for asking!
    Hmmmm .....is Red Winter Wheat what gets turned into bread flour?
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DLMhooked View Post
    Gm everyone new to this but old to crocheting. My lost for words, I'm a hookachollic can't stop crocheting flowers right now. Trying to start a shop on esty with hair accessories but very complicated not computer savvy. Wow thought I was lost for words Lol, well have a great day be back soon
    Welome DLMhooked....

I think you picked right thread to be on .....we are a chatty group. I get on here only in the morning though ...hence the name Morning Coffee...I like to get my coffee and talk with my crochet friends for a bit.

Join in and tell us about you, your area, and your crochet projects. ....Best of luck with your Etsy shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    This is so funny . . . my cat was staring at me wondering what was going on ... I was laughing so much. I have a calendar of those goats that climb up in trees and hang out in them. It's from 2013 and I will not throw it out because of the photos of those funny, funny goats. I tack it up on a corkboard and change the month once in awhile to change the pictures.
    Ohhh yes I have seen that picture...have you seen the one from Italy where the goat are on the side of the cliff!!! That has been around Facebook many times.
    They do love to climb though...no doubt about that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Teri, they can grow to 6 feet long. Of course that includes their long tail. They won't bother people and will shy away from you if you get too near to them. I think they'll strike back if you corner them. They're vegetarians, like you, lol! With a very important exception that has dire consequences, they will, and do, climb trees and get baby bird eggs.

The lizard family critters that are loose around south Florida are monitor lizards, also an invasive species, and those dudes will attack a person, as well as wandering cats and small dogs. I've only ever seen one and it was in my driveway but I ran fast towards it and it took off fast and I never saw it again.
    wow....scary...they must resemble dragons! Not many reptiles up here in Central NY except snakes and turtles....and tiny newts like lizards....I think it gets too cold for them here in winter....heck ...it is too cold for me! But....we do have black bears, and coyotes....hahaha...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello! I want a cup of coffee.... Do you have one?
    Ohhhh Larisa...you are too funny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Good morning! It's pouring rain here. At least it's not storming, no lightning or wind, thank goodness.

I had a great time on my date last night. We met up at a book store for coffee, and I bought 3 books. I'm an avid reader and was running out of books to read. He's a really nice guy, he's tall 6'3". I'm only 5'2" so I wore my platform shoes lol.

I need to go get ready for work. I hope y'all have a great day!

Shelley
    Ohhh Shelley.... I am glad you had a good time...so tell us about him....is he cute? LOL ...just being silly and middle school ...I spend so much time with that age group I start to talk like them....LOL...no seriously...what is he into, what does he do for a living...come on tell us!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Don't you just love the smell of fresh brewed coffee! When I was young I didn't like the taste of coffee but loved the smell!
    ohhh yes the smell is wonderful....many people say that they like the smell but the taste is too bitter for them. My oldest will only drink coffee if it is a Starbucks cappuccino, she will not make it at home. My son and youngest daughter however drink their coffee black, no sugar. My husband drinks decaf with soy, almond or cashew milk and I drink my with 1 sugar and cashew milk in the morning but the rest of the day black no sugar. I drink tea with breakfast and that is no milk or sugar...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryRMG View Post
    Wow!, I retired 2008, but after 3 mths with hubby went back as consultant. I am now fully retired, will be 59 in June and feel like my life is done. I can't seem to get anything finished. My dog Ceilidh had an operation on her leg, ACL. Which is healing well, but she is leash limited for next three months. I live on a waterfront acreage with hubby and dog Ceilidh who is recovering from leg surgery and is leash limited for next three months, but is healing well. When I was growing up in Scotland I always wanted to be a ballerina, but it was way to expensive for lessons. When we emmigrated to Canada, I did not like it at all, I used to skip school and hide out in the Knitting shop and crochet. I soon got over that and went back to school, but kept up the crochet. I now crochet, knit (only because at one time there were no nice crochet sweater patterns), cross stitch, sew, sometimes hand or machine quilt. The last three months or so I have been having a horrible time trying to find a project to crochet. I'm looking for a summer vest to crochet that is not made up of either single crochets or chains, which most of the patters I have found seem to be. My craft room is a disaster, which I have been attempting to organize for 6 months but have been procrastinating on. And the bunnies are eating all of the new plantings that I have put in! I am in the Sunny part of Canada, the very Western Part, Vancouver Island. Well, I think you are about 2 or 3 hours ahead of me, time wise. so have a good evening!
    Hi Rosemary
    welcome to our thread!
    I see you live in a beautiful part of Canada...I have been to Canada several times when I first met my husband and we went again on our honeymoon and a few times after that. (Before 911 when it was easy to cross the boarder). However never on the west coast. Our visits to Canada were to Quebec and Montreal.
    I am sorry you were never able to dance. I can't remember a time when I didn't dance. My parents put me in dance school at 3 and I have been doing it ever since. I just turned 60! All 3 of my children dance or have danced. My youngest is in college and is a theater major and also a dance minor ...I suppose it is int the blood...LOL
    I think that everyone has a room with yarn disasters...I do!...

Hahaha .....loosing veggies to the bunnies??? awww the poor little things must be hungry or board. Do you have things in your garden that may deter them like hanging silver aluminum plates? When there is a slight breeze it should scare them away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    I'm a book fan as well. I have to use the libraries, hoopla where I can download them. The first time I moved I had one closet full of books top to bottom, NO CLOTHES.
    Then in 1997 we had a flood and lost another load, but I got about 10,000 dollars from an insurance claim. I have a Kobo with about 800 ebooks, I go to library regularly. I have books on my iPad. I don't think I will get them read in my lifetime because I just keep getting more. I'll have to come back as a ghost reader, LOL. it's been a beautiful day here, sunny and temp at 23 C (about 72). Enjoy your story!
    Good Morning Ladyella

wow that is a lot of books!!! Most books I have and read are either about dance, dance history, dance technique....or nature study....or homeschooling...in other words I have mostly reference books...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning my Crochet Friends

Sunny here in Central NY...still a bit chilly though ....but yesterday it did reach 66 degrees! At least that is what the truck thermometer said on my way to work.

I am so excited on the amount of activity on our Morning Coffee thread! We are growing and we do have nice conversation. Most of my conversation each day is with my husband up until 3:00 then for 6 hours my conversation is limited to ages 7 (and sometimes younger) to age 17. Well my assistant is 23. And I do all my complaining to her...poor thing...

The weeks are getting busier and busier since the recital is May 30. Not getting too much crochet done in these days. Last week at my advanced ballet class...oh the girls are age 14 to 23 (my assistant takes that class and so does my daughter when she is home from school) I wore a thread crochet head band that I had made. It was fairly simple to make, but it keeps my short broken ends down while my hair is in a pony tail. I made it in black to match my leotards. Well one girl, age 17, liked it and said she wanted one ....so stupid me says...oh I will make you one ...than another said she wanted one and another and another....well now I am committed to making these things FOREVER!!!! I finished one and just have to put the end ties on another....what did I get myself into!

I hope that you all enjoy your day!!!