Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 81 of 157 First ... 3171798081828391131 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning, friends! It's 64° and cloudy. And some thunderstorms early this morning (3:30am). Sharp lightning, lost electricity for a while. We are saturated here with our ditches and fields full of water. Weather seems to go from one extreme to another. These type of rains used to come in April here. Just lounging around today. No cookout or get togethers for us. Have to do some cooking to get ready for the funeral lunch coming up. Will be a sad day. The tulip is called a peony tulip. I'd like to find some more and plant them in a deep pot to keep the gophers from making lunch out of them. This is one of mom's African violets.

Shelley, I'm glad your sister is with someone. Just give her lots of love. So happy you have your son with you!

Teri, I look forward to hearing how the recital went! Maybe pictures? Enjoy your time with your kids!

Susie Ann, your garden sounds lovely. I have two clematis, but would like to get another eventually. Mine are dark purple and light pink.

MeerKat, my sister and I are country girls through and through! She saw a beaver waddling down the road one evening when she was going home. That is unusual to see them, though not unusual for them to be in the area of creeks and rivers. She figures he was a yearling male kicked out of the nest and was going to find his own mate and territory. We just laughed that he decided to take the highway instead!

Larisa, glad you enjoy my pictures, take care. I need to get busy on my doily!

Scooters and DonnaB, have a great holiday!

Attachment 12493

Hi Linda, I love all flowers and plants! I have a green thumb but even tho I knew all the African Violet 'secrets', I could never keep them blooming. I love the way the leaves lean downwards and the slightly hairy look and feel of them. I crocheted this one so wanted to show you the forever blooming African violet, lol!

Morning Coffee....Or Tea-africanviolet1new-jpg

Morning Coffee....Or Tea-africanviolet3new-jpg

susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning everyone!
    Sun is shining bright at 68°, possible severe storms today. Forecast calls for temperature to get in the 90's later on in week. Yuk. Spent all yesterday baking. Made mom a banana cake, made 4 dozen cookies (two for me and two for a friend) to take to a local resthome that our church women bake for and give treats to. The cookies have to be individually wrapped. My friend's ex-husband, the father of her two daughters, tried to commit suicide by overdosing Tuesday. Thank goodness he didn't succeed. So I offered to make her cookies since she was with her daughters. Then made deviled eggs for today's United Methodists Women's meeting. And I've been cooking lunch for my family, which will be from now on until farm work is done for the year.

Teri, we don't have any livestock to take care of. We have enough with farming over 900 acres. I don't know how the bigger farms do it. I'm tired before it even starts! Ha! When I was a youngster my grandpa had 2000 head of sheep that was sheared for the wool. I remember sitting on the wool stuffed gunny sacks and watching them shear. Would get lanolin on me, sticky. My sister, mom, and I would go with grandma and cut Milo heads to feed the sheep. Grandpa also ran a few head of cattle. My dad worked for grandpa until dad decided to farm for himself.

Here's another picture from our garden. These are called illium. Star of Persia I think. They were here when we moved here also.
    Attachment 12580

Just got in from our UMW meeting. It said 88° on the outside temperature gauge on the car at 2pm. Real windy too. We had Mexican themed luncheon. Yum. Of course my deviled eggs weren't Mexican but oh well. Hope everyone's having a great day!!!

Your garden is really something Linda! I'm off schedule with everyone, I don't usually get online until lunch time or after, then I'm on till very late at night. When I go to the dr I get on before i leave, so tomorrow I may have time to get on while some of you others are on. If not, I'll probably post later in the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning ladies, I hope your Thursday is going fantastic so far. It's been a very busy week for me, so far. Working full time really cuts into the time I want to spend doing other things. Like crocheting ha. But we all have to do what we've gotta do. I have a 3-day weekend coming up and I plan to work on the major purging I'm doing in my whole house. It's so much work!

I had another fun date with Don last night. I really like him a lot. We've been going out for about a month now. After work, we picked up sandwiches for dinner and drove up the mountain to a beautiful park. The views are wonderful up there, looking down into the valley where the city is. We had great conversation and just enjoyed being together. Last week we went to a really good concert, it was a "Songwriters' Concert." Several professional songwriters came down from Nashville and performed the songs they've written. I have a lot of fun when I'm out with Don. We have a lot in common and never run out of things to talk about LOL. He's very outgoing and is always coming up with ideas for fun things for us to do.

I hope y'all have a great day!

Shelley

4. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone!
    It's sunny here at 69°, suppose to get in the 90's again and the wind is blowing. It was humid and sticky yesterday also. Was trying to go a bit more before starting air conditioner.

Susan, I love the violets you made! I've seen patterns but just hadn't thought about making one. I'm so busy on the farm I probably won't get much crocheting done for awhile. I just love flowers so I always try to add something new to the garden. On the patio I plant annuals in pots. I bought a coreopsis to add along the fence. Hopefully I can keep it alive so it'll come back next year. With the exception of my iris, daylilies, roses, mock orange, peonies everything was already started here.

Shelley, your guy sounds like a possible keeper;-) Hope it works out for you!

Larisa, glad you like my flowers. Stay safe!

Just got back from town. Had to get my allergy shot and mom got new lenses for her glasses. My temple piece on my glasses broke so they have a clear plastic tube and they shrink wrap it around the break. My frames were discontinued so that was the next option, because I can't afford New ones yet. It's 85° at 2pm here. Harvest will be in the next 2 wks. If we can hold off on the rain. This is a picture of the coreopsis I just added to my garden.

Attachment 12585

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad you found someone you like Shelly. Hope he is a keeper. What songwriters were down there? I have a DVD of some songwriters and they were singing the songs that they had written that became famous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I am so glad you found someone you like Shelly. Hope he is a keeper. What songwriters were down there? I have a DVD of some songwriters and they were singing the songs that they had written that became famous.
    Janice, I can't remember the names of the songwriters. Several of the songs they wrote were big hits for George Straight and Rascal Flatts. Great Music! I had a wonderful time!

Shelley

8. Likes Susan2014, Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi SusanSoulShines,
    I didn't realize that you made/crocheted the African violets until I read Linda D. Mitzner's post. Then I scrolled back up to look at the pictures. You did a wonderful job.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa hi and Thank you for The Link. I really Liked it. Will try to make some soon. Ty Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I have maybe 2 time joined in. I am in a peronal slump for a while & you dont want Coffee with me? Im sorry if you forgotten me as Im not on much. I do care so-much just cant do it with all on my shoulders. Im having late night Coffee & saw this. Feel so left out. Hope I can join again as you all are amazing stories ive read. God Bless & step out side to smell your cup of coffee & Flowers. I found its my Refugee now and slowly doing some each day. Good bye see you later. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan2014 it's good to hear from you! Hang in there!

Jean Marie, nice to hear from you too!

13. Likes Teri liked this post