Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 80 of 157 First ... 3070787980818290130 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell your mom happy birthday for me. Don't forget to put a candle on her cake for her to blow out. Donna may the Good Lord Bless you and keep you another year through. We used to sing that after happy birthday. Best Wishes

Post Thanks / Like
    Best wishes for your mother Linda. Thank you for photos. Peterwants to nuy rose flowers at flea market. I think rose jam is easy. They make sugar syrup from sugar and water... cut roses and add lemon or lemon acid. Варенье из лепестков чайной розы | Кулинарные рецепты от «Едим дома!» and better ??????? ??????? (?? ????????? ???) : ???????
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooters View Post
    Please take me out of this conversation. I just had surgery & I'm in horrible pain to keep me in this conversation. Sorry, Scooters
    So sorry Scooters...I hope you feel better...

You have to take YOURSELF out of the conversation...we can not do that.....at the bottom of any notification emails you get, it would say something like "remove me from thread"
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Hello everyone!
    It's partly cloudy here at 69. Today is my mom's 73rd birthday! I'm going to make her a banana cake. My sister and brother-in-law are here working on combines, tractors, getting ready for harvest. Also went around and hauled piles of limbs that had been gathered into a pile to burn later. I planted some flowers into pots on our patio. Petunias, coleus, rose moss, geraniums, and coreopsis. It's a bit windy here and the mosquitoes are horrible. Here is another picture of our wheat that is starting to change, and a picture of some of our peonies.

I'll be lifting Scooters up in prayer for relief of pain and healing.

Love the pictures, Teri! Enjoy your break!

Becky, I'm impressed! I wouldn't be able to keep up the square exchange, though it would be fun!

Larisa, glad you enjoy my pictures. I've never made rose jam. Do you use the rose hips off the bush? Do you have a recipe you could share? It sounds lovely!
    Linda...that wheat is just beautiful! ...so much work to be done on a farm...do you have animals? Cows? horses? maybe my personal favorite...goats??? We had the best time with raising goats...

God bless you mom...enjoy her birthday.

It is still cold here...the heat was on yesterday at home and at the dance studio! I wore a light jacket to the studio with sweat pants! Well we had a dreary rainy and very chilly day...very damp. The heat was on this morning too...but at least the sun is shining. Hoping for some warm weather soon. I haven't seen any mosquitoes yet this season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I got my 2 cups of coffee long ago... no more coffee until tomorrow. Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning My Friends

I hope you are all feeling well....It was chilly and damp and cold here yesterday. The heat went on and it was on this morning too. I looks like we may have sun today but chilly. I wore a jacket and long sleeved leotard to the studio yesterday to work, and the heat was on there tool....gee this IS June now!

My daughter looks as though she will be doing really well this summer making money. She needs summer to earn money to last her for spending at college all year long. She is teaching one day per week for the month of June at the dance studio. She begins auditions for the musical Gypsy on the 18th, to audition dancers. She will be choreographing that this summer for an early September performance. I also believe he is in it too. A small part since she will be choreographing. She wants to be one of the strippers in Your Gotta Have A Gimmick....hahaha....as long as she doesn't really strip...LOL. And she is also choreographing a small production for late July. A musical called Big River. I am not familiar with that one. The theater company doing that is new and much smaller. But it is a paying job! She is also clearing tables at the Italian Restaurant where my son works one night a week....she is soooo busy. So it seems as though she will be making enough money to last all next 2 semesters! Doing what she loves....including the restaurant work ..she makes good tips doing that!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-degas-painting-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello! I got my 2 cups of coffee long ago... no more coffee until tomorrow. Larisa
    Hahaha...Larisa...I am just getting started! ; )

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone!
    Sun is shining bright at 68, possible severe storms today. Forecast calls for temperature to get in the 90's later on in week. Yuk. Spent all yesterday baking. Made mom a banana cake, made 4 dozen cookies (two for me and two for a friend) to take to a local resthome that our church women bake for and give treats to. The cookies have to be individually wrapped. My friend's ex-husband, the father of her two daughters, tried to commit suicide by overdosing Tuesday. Thank goodness he didn't succeed. So I offered to make her cookies since she was with her daughters. Then made deviled eggs for today's United Methodists Women's meeting. And I've been cooking lunch for my family, which will be from now on until farm work is done for the year.

Teri, we don't have any livestock to take care of. We have enough with farming over 900 acres. I don't know how the bigger farms do it. I'm tired before it even starts! Ha! When I was a youngster my grandpa had 2000 head of sheep that was sheared for the wool. I remember sitting on the wool stuffed gunny sacks and watching them shear. Would get lanolin on me, sticky. My sister, mom, and I would go with grandma and cut Milo heads to feed the sheep. Grandpa also ran a few head of cattle. My dad worked for grandpa until dad decided to farm for himself.

Here's another picture from our garden. These are called illium. Star of Persia I think. They were here when we moved here also.
    Attachment 12580

Just got in from our UMW meeting. It said 88 on the outside temperature gauge on the car at 2pm. Real windy too. We had Mexican themed luncheon. Yum. Of course my deviled eggs weren't Mexican but oh well. Hope everyone's having a great day!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Ladyella, I wish you could be down here in the South to enjoy a little of our sunshine and warmer weather! I'm hoping you and your husband will feel better tomorrow from your fall. When I work in my gardens too much in one day, my body aches too much the next day so I can relate to how you feel! I am responsible for all the grass mowing, leaf blowing and weed pulling in the yard and am trying to down scale so there isn't so much for me to do. This year I will have to get a "yard man" to do the main stuff.
    Hi ladies, I just wanted to join in on our daily coffee/tea thread to keep in close touch with all of you sweet people! It's great to know each other so well, isn't it?! I love herbal tea and regular iced tea for days and evenings, but coffee is like an elixir of a.m. wonder once daily in a big cup! Ladyella, I'm in South Carolina, so like you and Shelley/pixieglitter I'm a southern lady with hot humid weather for the major part of the year (that I can no longer tolerate myself altho I used to have no problem with it - they think it's some of my medication but that's too bad since I need it all). Right now it gets nice at night but the days are getting pretty rough on me already, and in mid May we had a week of horribly humid temps that just wiped me out.

I have a few house plants but don't have enough room to keep them inside where they can get enough light, but I LOVE them and wish I had a hot house! We're (my husband that is) going to be planting some beautiful plants outside this weekend that we got as cuttings from other plants, and altho we rent here, we want a pretty yard with flowers and lots of lush greenery. We always had a lot in our own yard when we had one. I know what you mean about yard work/gardening being really hard work, and it's worth it of course but when you can't do it, you can't do it. I used to design areas in our yard and plant pretty plants that I planned by height, color, etc. and I still can't believe I used to do that! My husband worked extremely hard recently, way too hard actually and he shouldn't have since he has serious pain from past injuries and could hardly walk for almost a week but he'd go back out daily till he was happy with the main part, and has planted us a huge garden of veggies and herbs over 100+ in qty., counting cuttings and those currently being rooted. We're eating the herbs already and the veggies are looking great but not in yet! We have a deep freezer chest style that we'll hopefully fill up this summer due to it's size and the size of the garden.

My husband worked really hard for long hours to get the garden set up, and next year he's planning to get into hydroponic growing since dirt is heavy, dirty, lol, and takes more room for a big garden. It can be pricey to get a garden prepared before it comes in, but we need help getting food with me on disability and our low income. We do get some help with EBT/SNAP (food stamps) but it's such a low amount that we pretty much buy almost all of the food we eat out of our own pocket. We don't expect a 'hand-out' for anything but we've both worked since ages 12 (him) and 15 (me) and feel we more than did our part for society and community, ans the little extra help we get is so low that we know we paid in more than we get back! Does anyone else ever feel guilty for not being able to work?? I sometimes do because I hate being limited with my income. I was hoping I could make a few dollars thru crochet and I am going to sell some patterns at low prices, only because we really need it and I feel they'll be worth it. I plan to do both paid and free patterns, and still be an affiliate for Craftsy and any other companies or sponsors I can get involved with. No harm in that, I'll be doing my part in hard work for it for sure! I doubt I'll make much but every dollar helps in my position. Many of you are in my shoes so I'm sure you understand.

We're going to take some pics by Monday and also some of my newly designed and completed wrap (I'm hoping for true life color by taking outdoors pics, and we have to use a laptop to do this, so hopefully they won't be blurry!!!!) Having no camera after mine wore out was a big difficulty for me and my blog site). I'm writing up my new pattern by Sunday night but have a monthly dr appt tomorrow that will take up the afternoon and part of the a.m. too, but I'll get it in soon. I'll post pics of the garden on here and we're going to keep an ongoing picture step by step growth record. I'll post the new pattern on here too and give links to the pattern, but I'll also have it listed on several others sites which is time consuming but necessary. I'm really proud of this one and happy with the outcome, the yarn is awesome too, and very affordable!

all right then, I know it's evening but this is my first chance to get on here to visit, and I'm going to do some supper and work more on my burgundy cowl for myself that is like the turquoise one I gave a friend, the one I posted in the 'pictures' section on here last night. I'm slowly but surely working my way down my to-so list, but am taking my time to thoroughly enjoy each project. I look forward to seeing more of your work so I'll be looking and reading around on her more after supper. I may 'blog' on here just by talking a lot, lol, but I enjoy reading about you and sharing my life with you too, For now, susan

p.s. Teri, did you ever finish your lovely poncho, the brown cotton one you posted it with the western style to it? It's hard to find all responses on here so I thought I'd see if you might see this if I put it here. I'd love to see yours when you're done!

12. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet your mom enjoyed her cake. The flower is beautiful. I used to have them. Finally I am starting to feel I am making progress with my flower beds.I put in my pickles and tomatoes and laid black plastic down and cut holes to put them in. I want lots more time to enjoy my flowers. If I can go through my beds with my circle hoe twice a week --I should be able to keep the weeds down. Trying to plant flowers so I have something all summer long. God Bless and Keep you All

14. Likes Teri liked this post