Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 79 of 157 First ... 2969777879808189129 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone! It's partly cloudy/sunny here today at 64°. Love the pictures, Teri!!! The young ladies look so graceful and the youngsters are so cute, wished I could have seen it all! I never took dancing lessons as a youngster. I was into basketball, softball, and track and field. I wasn't very good at any of them being short and small. Dance wasn't even available anywhere that I knew of anyway. I would have been too shy anyway. Well I better get busy. Take care everyone! This is one of our roses blooming now. There's a bee in the middle of the blossom.
    Attachment 12568

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beckypatt View Post
    I am at the office working on my first coffee with my tongue already hanging out! I had to get my May squares out that I promised and it is June 1st!! Sorry ladies. I sent you all messages to let you know the packages are in the mail today. Have a wonderful day all!!! Becky
    Good Morning Becky

I can't get involved with those crochet squares...I am afraid I can't get to them in time each month...I was apart of the crochet gift exchange last year, where you sent a partner a themed crochet gift each month and that was totally stressful for me.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Teri, the pictures are so great and everyone looks wonderful! The photos look professionally done. And I love the costumes!!

Shelley
    Thank you Shelley..
    I spend months picking out those costumes!!! No easy chore I will tell you. Much easier to choreograph! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning everyone! It's partly cloudy/sunny here today at 64°. Love the pictures, Teri!!! The young ladies look so graceful and the youngsters are so cute, wished I could have seen it all! I never took dancing lessons as a youngster. I was into basketball, softball, and track and field. I wasn't very good at any of them being short and small. Dance wasn't even available anywhere that I knew of anyway. I would have been too shy anyway. Well I better get busy. Take care everyone! This is one of our roses blooming now. There's a bee in the middle of the blossom.
    Good Morning Linda

Well growing up in the city there were many schools available for me. And I grew up in North Jersey, just a hop over to Manhattan where the best schools are. Beginning as a teenager my mom taught me how to navigate my was through Manhattan and took me to the best schools there. After I was 17 or so I would just hop the bus and go on my own to class out in NYC. So I also attended NJ School of Ballet so lesson availability was not an issue. Here in Central NY is a different story. Our studio is a former Grange Hall and there isn't another one for 30 miles or so. Most of the students are children of dairy farmers and the local school is grades K to 12 in one building, with only 1 class of each grade. So the community is very small....lots of land but not many people. Sports is a big thing here too. In fact it conflicts with dance class and rehearsals. Many times dance takes a back seat due to a game or practice. Basketball especially. There is no football team so the high school cheerleaders cheer for the boys basket ball team. Girls basketball is also a big thing and in the spring track. Drives me nuts though....these kids need to choose between sports of dance but some don't and want to do it all....and nothing well...

Very pretty roses....I am still waiting for daffodils here....LOL. I did get a mini rose bush as a gift from one of the dancers the other night. Pretty pink ....she said they reminded her of ballet slippers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning MY Friends

I hope you are all doing well today. It has been chilly here. Temperatures in the 50s and lower at night these past 2 days. I thought it was June? I haven't even thought of gardening yet this year. Most likely I will just do leafy veggies since those grow quickly and like the cooler weather. I also have to pick up my crochet hook. I finished a tote bag last week before the recital madness really hit but haven't since.

Attached this morning is a Musical Theater piece to the song America from West Side Story. The dancers here are high schoolers and the tall one with the dark hair is my assistant teacher. She is the oldest, 23. She and my daughter used to dance together before my daughter left for college.
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-america-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    And two more pictures for today....

Another Musical Theater piece to a medley of songs from the musical Little Shop Of Horrors. I had attached the picture of the puppet my daughter made several months ago. My daughter is in the box operating the puppet. Pictured here is the dancer playing Seymour.... (we didn't have a boy in this class so we had to use a girl) There were 5 others in the number but this part was where "the man eating plant" comes to life. This age group is 11 and 12 years old. It was very funny and received very well by the audience
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-little-shop-horrors-2-jpg Morning Coffee....Or Tea-little-shop-horrors-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Please take me out of this conversation. Thanks, Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Linda! Thank you for photo of rose. peter wants to make rose jam here... Have a good day = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Please take me out of this conversation. I just had surgery & I'm in horrible pain to keep me in this conversation. Sorry, Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone!
    It's partly cloudy here at 69°. Today is my mom's 73rd birthday! I'm going to make her a banana cake. My sister and brother-in-law are here working on combines, tractors, getting ready for harvest. Also went around and hauled piles of limbs that had been gathered into a pile to burn later. I planted some flowers into pots on our patio. Petunias, coleus, rose moss, geraniums, and coreopsis. It's a bit windy here and the mosquitoes are horrible. Here is another picture of our wheat that is starting to change, and a picture of some of our peonies.

I'll be lifting Scooters up in prayer for relief of pain and healing.

Love the pictures, Teri! Enjoy your break!

Becky, I'm impressed! I wouldn't be able to keep up the square exchange, though it would be fun!

Larisa, glad you enjoy my pictures. I've never made rose jam. Do you use the rose hips off the bush? Do you have a recipe you could share? It sounds lovely!

Attachment 12575Attachment 12576