Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  276
Page 44 of 157 First ... 3442434445465494144 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Good morning all! To answer your question Teri, red winter wheat can be used to make bread but usually they use a different variety. Duran and Semolina is usually what they use as far as I know. It's also used in pastas. Some red winter wheat is sent overseas to China, don't know what they use it for. One of my friends use their own wheat to make flour. And she makes almost all their bread products. She uses sourdough. Her cinnamon rolls are to die for. We used to use a loaf of her bread for communion at church. We all joked it was so good we wanted to go through the line again. Have a great day everyone!
    Ohhh I see...maybe it is pastry flour? Does it have a high gluten content? Then it would be bread flour if it does if not then it is pastry flour. I love to bake bread and so does my son. When we bake we use a flour with a high gluten content, it has more protein (gluten) and it bakes a better and higher loaf. That is what the flours that say in the stores "better for breads" or "made for bread machines"
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Hi, Linda ... I think it's so wonderful to have tons of books. Add me to the avid reader list. My hubby and I enjoy many evenings without tv and can sit and read for hours, lol! We have a very lengthy list of favorite authors and we are eclectic in our choice of reading. The only books that don't get into our house are those "romance" things. My favorite book of all time is "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet, what an epic gem!

I've often considered getting a Kindle. Even though I go to Amazon online or to Barnes and Noble (the real store) and check them out, I'm still not sure how one gets the books on the Kindle without a computer. Just how does that work?
    Your Kindle goes online the same as a computer does. I have a Nexsus7 and I have downloaded a Kindle app. My daughter had an Amazon Kindle and she downloads her books.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Well, guess what, Teri, we have black bears and coyotes that like wandering around in neighborhoods. The bears, which I've never seen, stay in the western neighborhoods in the county, but the coyotes are seen sometimes near the beach. Also, foxes, raccoons, and possums... in the city! And best of all, alligators! And worst of all, those giant pythons ... scary for sure. I'd probably fall away in a faint and my heart would stop beating if I saw one of those snakes!
    You got the same mammals we have : ) but our reptile population is not what you have for sure!!!! The only snake I have seen here is some thing about 6 feet long or so and brownish...he travels our front lawn in the summer months....he isn't too scary. Deer .....oh we have lots of those and eagles...But I think I certainly would freeze in my tracks if I saw an alligator or python ! Don't you have cougars? Southern Florida is famous for their cougars! From what I understand about 60 or 70 years ago there were cougars here in these mountains (Western Catskills) that is where the name of the mountain range came from. But they are scarce to non existent...some of the old timers say they are still here in the hills and there are stories that the DEP re-introduced them to the hills to keep the coyote population down....but I think those are just stories...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Crochet Friends

I am going to the prom!!! Hahaha...no not with a date...although my husband is coming with me...the prom for our high school is on Saturday and at 7pm the parents are allowed to come to see the crowning! Well I no longer have a high schooler and the school is so small that 9 to 12 grade attends the same prom. All of my high school dancers are going and want me to come to see the crowning...So I will go....I will be excited to see them all dressed up instead of in leotards and tights ....for several it will be their first prom so they are so excited. I will tell you they have been showing me their pictures of their prom dresses and they are expensive!!!! $500.00 and up!

One of my former dancers, her dad raises Percheron horses...(they are very large... bigger than Clydesdales) she and her date were driven to the prom by her father in a white carriage with 2 Percherons in the lead!!! Oh that was amazing....these kids in the country go all out for prom I will tell you!

So anyway....they all want me there to see them dressed up!

They also warned me to tell my son that at 4:30 pm, before prom begins, many of them have reservations at the restaurant he works at so he will be very busy!!! The Italian restaurant where my son is a chef, is the only sit down restaurant for about a 30 mile radius....so if many of these kids to go to dinner before hand they will be busy.
    Attached Images Attached Images Morning Coffee....Or Tea-coffee-10-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, and good morning! Nice sunny day again, suppose to get up into the 70's day. My iris have started to bloom. The first two popped out this morning. I just love iris! Several years ago I won an iris at an iris garden show. It's an early blooming short little thing. So cute but blooms only last a couple days. They told me it was native to Iraq and Iran. Color combination is so different. Have a safe day everyone!Attachment 12330Attachment 12331

6. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone! Linda, I love your little iris, it's beautiful. Iris is my mom's favorite flower and it reminds me of her.

It's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend. It's gorgeous weather here in Alabama, nice and sunny and not too hot, yet. We've only got about 2 more weeks of this beautiful springtime weather and then the summer heat will hit us. Ugh. Our summers here seem brutal to me, all the heat and humidity. I mostly stay indoors with the AC running. I don't like to sweat.

I had another great date last night with the same guy I met earlier in the week. He invited me to watch his softball game and then we went to Applebee's for appetizers. I had a very nice time. He's a really nice guy and he loves to talk, just like me.

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Teri, I'm not sure what our wheat's gluten content is. We haul our wheat to a local farmers cooperative. Then we watch the wheat market prices (which is low now), to see when or if we sell. In the meantime we have to pay storage fees until it's sold. We need the market price to go up or we will be lucky to break even. Plus we pray we are not hailed out too. There is a little government help in the form of disaster payment but it's no where near enough to cover all the cost of seed, planting, fuel, weed or bug chemicals (if needed), fertilizer, machine maintenance, etc..... Thanks for the interest.

9. Thanks Poinciana thanked for this post
    Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Good morning everyone! Linda, I love your little iris, it's beautiful. Iris is my mom's favorite flower and it reminds me of her.

It's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend. It's gorgeous weather here in Alabama, nice and sunny and not too hot, yet. We've only got about 2 more weeks of this beautiful springtime weather and then the summer heat will hit us. Ugh. Our summers here seem brutal to me, all the heat and humidity. I mostly stay indoors with the AC running. I don't like to sweat.

I had another great date last night with the same guy I met earlier in the week. He invited me to watch his softball game and then we went to Applebee's for appetizers. I had a very nice time. He's a really nice guy and he loves to talk, just like me.

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Shelley
    Ohhh summers in NJ were very hot and humid too. Going to the ocean beaches was the best relief. Here in NY I can not complain about summer. We do not have an AC nor do we need one. A small fan does the trick. Everything stays nice and green all summer....but...first frost is usually the 3rd week of September so summer is very short here. We are still wearing light jackets now and still have the heat running.

Oh your date sounded fun and very relaxed.....that is good. I am glad you are having fun with him...soooooo you haven't told us his name or what he looks like yet except that he is tall and cute! Ohhh I hang around with too many teen age girls that I sound just like them....LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, I just poured my first big cup of coffee. I'm going to take my 3 doggies to the groomer this morning for baths and haircuts. My standard poodle is starting to look like a big black sheepdog. Cody loves going to the groomer, but my 2 little girls hate it. I'll pick them up later on this afternoon.

Next weekend I'll be driving from Alabama to South Carolina to see my family. My dad is giving my son a truck, so I'll drive that back. I hope the weather will be pretty and it won't be raining. I hate driving in the rain. My youngest son, Kevin, will go with me and we'll be there on Mother's Day! It'll be a fun time.

I have another date tomorrow evening. Don and I are going out to dinner. I really like this guy and this will be our third date. He's a big talker, like me, and there's never a lull in the conversation lol. He's a very comfortable person to be with.

I hope everyone has a beautiful, wonderful day!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, everyone! It's overcast today and a little bit of moisture which we want. Sipping my coffee with a touch of international delights' almond joy creamer. Yum! Had a bit of a health scare yesterday. Had numbness in face and the upper back of throat, just felt odd. My vitals were ok. Doc ordered ekg, blood tests, ct of head to check for diabetic stroke. Tests were ok. Doc said it could be a reaction from one new medicine I'm taking and if it is should eventually go away. They are checking me for Lyme disease, but test takes several days. The ticks are horrible here and I find one on me or the dog at least every day. I've had two that were attached one a month ago on my leg, another last week on my scalp. Ugh, I hate them! I'm always careful to wash my hands after removing them. Still feel tired and odd today. Maybe the ct dye can make me tired too. Anyway everyone have a nice day!