Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  33
Page 15 of 38 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am reading the Bible through too and I am in Proverbs now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi novice61, so glad you dropped us a line. Many of us are reading our bibles and I know we will encourage one another in the Lord. Welcome to our site and I am sure we will be glad to hear from you whenever you have time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome novice61, you'll find a lot of faithful, caring people on this thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    In this world of darkness that we live in, it is a blessing to have places where you can come and have fellowship with other believers

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone from frigid Maine. This morning it was -12 below. Brrrrrr. Thanking God for my warm apartment and a full pantry. Welcome Novice 61, it's nice to meet you and have you as part of the group. I think you will find this is a very encouraging group. Have a wonderful day everyone, and if you are in one of the frigid states stay warm and safe.

Isa 40:31
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all! Got a bit of rain last night. It's 44 degrees here at 10:30am. Our pastor put this in our church bulletin.

The "SOAP" Guide of Bible Reading/Study

Scripture, Observations, Application, Prayer

The most effective way in which to read scripture intake is to choose whole passages or books. Randomizing your Scripture intake can be just that.... too random to be effective. A random approach reinforces the idea that it's all about us. A disciplined approach reminds us we are under the authority and teaching of God.

New year's resolutions: 1) pray every day with and for my family, beyond table grace. (Colossians 4:2)

Make time this week to consider what are the prayers you pray for your family. Have you started this yet? Today, talk with your family about a time to pray with them. If you are living by yourself then ask God to provide a prayer partner for you. Commit yourselves to this time. This is especially important for families with children. Parents you are the first and most important model of faithful prayer and scripture intake for your children. Your training will make a difference in their lives! God chose you to minister to them!

Resource for hearing the bible:
    https://www.biblegateway.com/resourc...=niv-purevoice

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been reading my bible. It has sure has kept me encouraged. This past week we ran out of food. All we had was pasta. We could not get to the pantry because our car was in the garage. We prayed to God to help us with something to eat and today the Lord came through. The pastor of the church called us and said he had some food for us. What an awesome God we serve. The bible says not to worry what we eat or what we put on for God will provide for all our needs. He provides for the birds and wild animals so how much more will He provide for us. It also says to ask and it will be given. Is is all in His timing. Seems like about the time we start to wonder where our next meal will come from or how we are going to get the things we need He comes through for us as long as we are patient and wait on Him and believe in Him and have faith. Sometimes it is hard for even me not to worry but I remember that God tells us not to worry for anything. He is such an awesome God and I don't know how I could ever make it

Post Thanks / Like
    No truer words were said, Sonnetta! God is so good to us! Our church was struggling for some funds but God came through in several ways. Our church is having our annual soup supper to raise funds for missions. Our congregation is getting older, my sister and I are the youngest, so the work can be extra tiresome for everyone. God came through with a few extra people to help us out. Another of God's wonderful provisions. Stay safe and take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, everyone. It's 4pm here in South Jersey and it's been snowing for about an hour. The temp is around 27. The snow is supposed to turn to rain. Sonnetta, what a blessing! God certainly protects, provides and answers prayers. How is Caiden doing, and his parents? I pray for them every night.

My husband and I are reading Luke as part of our devotionals every morning. I think I'll read Acts for my quiet time. Thank you all for being here and for sharing. I pray that our Lord blesses all of you and your families.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Novice 61. Ladies thanks for the prayers and everyone's messages. It is encouraging. The Lord Bless you and keep you the Lord make His face to shine upon you and give you peace Amen.

11. Thanks MaryK thanked for this post