Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 56 of 64 First ... 6465455565758 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keeping Homemaking Alive...

As my schedule gets busier, I continue to care for my home by relying on to-do lists comprised of up to three days work. I, then pick and choose what I'll do each day 'til my goals are accomplished. Here's what I've done the last few days:

~Changed linen
    ~Made bed
    ~Cleaned coffee table
    ~Swiffered bathroom
    ~Bought new storage bin, containers for items(put in kitchen cabinet)
    ~Cleaned vanity & mirror
    ~Laundry:launder, fold/hang/put away
    ~Boxed, bagged items for charity
    ~Called charity for donation pickup
    ~Clerical work
    ~Used sweeper to clean area rugs & bedroom carpet
    ~Set out new air freshners
    ~Put new wax candle scent in warmer
    ~Watered plants
    ~Took trash out
    ~Hand-laundered delicate items
    ~Dishes(older daughter)

~A Happy Homemaker~Butterflyrose

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday's Chores...

~Thorough Bedroom Cleaning
    ~Laundry done
    ~Cleared coffee table

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday's Task...

I did clerical work, dusted the bedroom, livingroom and family room furniture, did laundry, changed linen, organized a kitchen cabinet, cleared the coffee table, washed the dishes, mopped the hallway and portion of entryway and picked up and put away items. A day of homemaking...beautiful results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the Swifter as good as they say they are. I don't have one. I was just wandering. If you don't mind me asking. What kind of Swifter do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Spring is in the air it feels like here. And it does feel like cleaning time. I cleaned out my bedroom. Next the extra bedroom. I got some Spring cleaning to do. Those are my two task for the week. Have a good day everyone, Love ya'll

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    Are the Swifter as good as they say they are. I don't have one. I was just wandering. If you don't mind me asking. What kind of Swifter do you have?
    Yes, my Swiffer is the #1 method I use for sweeping and mopping. It does the job for me! I have a Swiffer Sweep Mop. It's the green one that can be purchased for no more than $20. I buy the wet and dry cloths to use it. Keeping my floors clean is a breeze using my Swiffer!

For quick carpet cleanup, I use my Bissell Sweeper. For deep cleaning, the vacuum cleaner works best

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds great! Maybe one I can save up for it. I like to invest in also one the Swiffer dusters. My trailer has got to be the dusted place ever. I dust all the time. Then it is hard to keep it out of here. Then I have two cats. One is siamese, persian. He sheds constantly. He is white short hair. Hair is hard to keep off of my floors. I have no carpet. just hard floors. With linoleum on it. I sweep. No good. Seem like when I dust. Wow its every where. It may be hard to do. It gets done with old rags, end dust.
    I have been doing a lot of Spring cleaning. Got my bedroom done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    Sounds great! Maybe one I can save up for it. I like to invest in also one the Swiffer dusters. My trailer has got to be the dusted place ever. I dust all the time. Then it is hard to keep it out of here. Then I have two cats. One is siamese, persian. He sheds constantly. He is white short hair. Hair is hard to keep off of my floors. I have no carpet. just hard floors. With linoleum on it. I sweep. No good. Seem like when I dust. Wow its every where. It may be hard to do. It gets done with old rags, end dust.
    I have been doing a lot of Spring cleaning. Got my bedroom done.
    I have a Swiffer duster. It can reach into nooks and crannies with little effort. I also have a rainbow-colored duster with a retractable handle that I purchased many years ago that works wonders too! Don't know what brand it is! Glad you've made so much progress in cleaning your home. Enjoy! Yes, dust does collect easily in the home. Using a Swiffer just makes it easier to clean! Beautiful cats...what joy they must bring you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, my cat that is part Siamese, persian. He is so beautiful. Then we have another cat. She is a Calico. They both are good cats. They do bring joy to our home. I defiantly gotta get a duster then. Today I plan on sweeping and mopping all the floors in trailer. Then dust all my pictures. I have hanging on my walls. My nik-nac. I love Angels. So over the years. My family has given a small collection of Angel nik-nacs. So I have my work cut out for me today. Oh, plus doing laundry. Here it is 4:38 AM and I have not went to bed. Shame on me. I will grab a quick nap later, maybe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last Nite's Work...

I decided to wait until nite to do my household chores. Changing the time I do my chores brings a newness to the jobs at hand. Work done:

~Watered grass:God did the job!
    ~Mopped kitchen floor
    ~Cleaned mirrors in several rooms,
    younger DD cleaned her dresser mirror
    ~Wiped some of the doors(front and back): I did 8 and older DD wiped 5
    ~Prepped bed for rest