Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 6 of 64 First ... 456781656 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a busy several days, I've been back and forth checking in on my neighbor's doggie (actually I am the puppy nanny) while she was having surgery on Dec 15 for hip replacement, home now as of Dec. 18. She still thinks she is hosting Christmas Eve. Anyway, got the last of the leaves raked up and I don't have any trees on my property, LOL.

I started to sort out the ornaments I am no longer using and bagged two large ziplock bags for my friend and her granddaughters. She has this idea to buy a second live tree for her house just for the girls when they come over for the holiday so I took the purple ones for her own tree and all sorts of fun ones for the girls. We are going to look for a small tree today for the girls, the oldest informed her grandma (again) that unless Roseanna goes (my real name) she would not be going and grandma could go alone with the younger one. They are 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. She is very insistent, has told her that before. So I am dressing up as a tree (have a tree headband, will wear a green sweatshirt and brown leggings) and surprising her with the outfit. She will get a kick out of it since grandma is a little more subdued than I am.

I am collecting empty boxes to pack up more donations (ran out of them and am waiting for them after the holidays, my other neighbor says once she wraps her kids gifts, I can have the delivery boxes they came in).

So I did do something and will continue little by little.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I sat on the bed and cleaned out my bedside table and one dresser that is on my side of the bed. Got rid of some sheets that were getting holes in them and getting wore out. I kept some that didn't have holes in but isn't a set anymore and going to use them to use on top of my entertainment center, dressers and the table outside to cover the tops of them so they don't get all ruined. I washed out the drawers and I polished the outside of them. I used to have a mop to do the walls with. I have to get another one because it broke so I used the end of the broom and put the rag over it after wetting it and used it to do the walls on that side. It is hard for me to do that anymore the regular way so I need to use something. I did the baseboard around the bottom too. That is all I did so far because of pt and not feeling good and getting ready for christmas. I can only do one side of a room at a time anymore. Next will be the other side then the closet then I can start the other rooms. I have been sitting in my walker and baking cookies and making christmas gifts. This is a very busy time of the year. The last few days though I have not done much.

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember I said that I REFUSE to buy a paper shredder. Well, my older daughter listens closely to what I say. So she bought me a paper shredder for MY BIRTHDAY! Now I can shred all that old, very old paperwork. Sure beats tearing by hand and cutting with scissors! What a perfect gift!:-)

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Butterflyrose;154652]Remember I said that I REFUSE to buy a paper shredder. Well, my older daughter listens closely to what I say. So she bought me a paper shredder for MY BIRTHDAY! Now I can shred all that old, very old paperwork. Sure beats tearing by hand and cutting with scissors! What a perfect gift!:-)[/QUOTE]

I love my shredder, it is your basic one with its own garbage pail that it sits on and I happily shred anything and everything I don't need. When I receive catalogs (which are far and few between since I am on a quest to eliminate them) I even take the name and address page and shred that before throwing out the catalog. The least amount of readable personal info in my garbage is fine with me. I bought mine at Walmart, it was about $25. I also heard that if you shred papers (not glossy like magazines) but regular papers, that can be used as mulch in your garden. My friend does that all the time. And happy birthday to you!!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I actually sorted through all the ornaments and have bagged the ones I am adding to my donation pile. Right now I have three boxes filled just with Christmas stuff to be donated. I kept some ornaments, threw out old ones so that is done.

My next project is now going through handbags and shorts that I am not going to use anymore and again donate those. Still need more boxes so I am waiting for that.

Once I take down the Christmas tree and decorations, inside and out, then I can concentrate on painting the trim and doors to freshen that up since I am planning to put the house on the market. It is taking time but slowly getting done.

Roe

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ro, I haven't taken the shredder out of the box yet. But, when I decide to start using it, it will get a real workout!lol Over the past few months, I have cut and shredded by hand. This shredder will really make a difference! Thanks for the tip about using the shredded paper as mulch for the garden. I'll do that this spring!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful celebration with my family.

You are making great progress with your projects! Yes, our projects are not for the weak at heart!LOL Real work is involved!

The Dismantling of Christmas 2014:
    Today I took down my Christmas cardholder and stored it. I also put my pen pal Christmas cards in my pen pal junk journal under each pen pal's name. Cards from friends have been stored too! Including a card that arrived today from a dear friend!

Tonight, I'll take down the Christmas stockings and snowflakes that hang among the stockings on the mantle. And take up the cotton, Christmas balls and decorative box that rests on the hearth of the fireplace! The pinecones that are randomly placed throughout the family room will be stored away. Also, the potted poinsettia that is sitting on the end table too! The wreath in my livingroom will also be taken down.

The dismantling of Christmas 2014 will take place over the course of the next few days. The front door wreath, the fireplace mantle, sofa table, coffee table, Christmas tree and Christmas tree decorations remain to be removed. Along with my breakfast area Christmas table setting! I will enjoy each project along the way!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 12-27-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am visiting my son right now and today we got a lovely set of bins on a wooden stand. My grandson helped sort and organize his Thomas The Tank Engine toys to organize his things to make it easier to play with. I got myself a new bookcase for the living room. After my Christmas tree is taken down, I plan on setting it up in the living room to store some of my office things and to hold my printer.

10. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a very nice gift WabashWoman! A gift that is not only beautiful, but is useful and can be enjoyed. Just like your new bookcase too! Awww, how precious that your grandson is helping to organize his toys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, you've accomplished quite a bit! At the rate you're going your bedroom will soon be completely refreshed and organized. Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on a roll today. After I got home from Goodwill (and found a cloth type hanging organizer. perfect to get the yarn out of plastic bags), I decided to start going through another round of items to be donated. Heard about another place (AMVETS) that is a thrift store and will pick up donations. So I filled up four more boxes of boots, handbags, shorts and skirts that I no longer need or want. Found household goods that could be used for outside (brand new) and those went in the boxes too. So far, I have seven boxes crammed with stuff and I still need to get just a couple of items from the garage and then will call them to pick up. Since everything was neatly stored, I didn't realize how much I had accumulated over the years. I am working on an eighth box but that will be for the next round.

Asked my neighbors to save large boxes since they seem to order more stuff than I do, LOL!! My order boxes tend to be little ones. Anyway, it is looking good. I am going to try for at least an hour a day (probably in the evening) and sort out more things as I get boxes.

Roe