Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 34 of 64 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I am now in contract on the sale of my house and also on the house I unexpectedly fell in love with when I was checking out areas in NC for relocation, I am now getting rid of more things, in the expectation of a major move. Have another five boxes of donations already filled and still have several boxes to fill for the next pickup. Have been giving away items to my friends and neighbors that I don't need or will be taking. Took apart an old tv cabinet and dragged it outside for tomorrow's garbage pickup. Now I am really in crunch time so will be doing more and more each day.

Roe

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a new stove---it's wonderful. But gosh, when I moved the old one, I just didn't know how much grease and grime had accumulated behind it. Guys, if you are in that spring cleaning mode, by all means clean behind the stove. (LOL)
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    I bought a new stove---it's wonderful. But gosh, when I moved the old one, I just didn't know how much grease and grime had accumulated behind it. Guys, if you are in that spring cleaning mode, by all means clean behind the stove. (LOL)
    Congratulations on your new stove! What color did you buy? Thankfully, I have a built-in stovetop and oven, so that's one less thing to clean. But that did remind me to move my refrigerator and clean behind it! Enjoy using your new stove Crochetdiva!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Since I am now in contract on the sale of my house and also on the house I unexpectedly fell in love with when I was checking out areas in NC for relocation, I am now getting rid of more things, in the expectation of a major move. Have another five boxes of donations already filled and still have several boxes to fill for the next pickup. Have been giving away items to my friends and neighbors that I don't need or will be taking. Took apart an old tv cabinet and dragged it outside for tomorrow's garbage pickup. Now I am really in crunch time so will be doing more and more each day.

Roe
    Roe, congratulations on the progress you're making in the future purchase of a home and the selling of your home. You are moving towards your goals due to all the hard work that you've done. May all your dreams come true!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday, this is what I accomplished:

~Changed the linen and made my bed
    ~Laundry
    ~Clerical work
    ~Cleaned underneath family room coffee table
    ~Swept front porch
    ~Trimmed hedges
    ~Weeded curbside flower planter

Post Thanks / Like
    The small desk and chair for my grandson have been moved to the shed, out of my way. The air conditioners have been installed for the summer. My bedroom will be the major project for now and it is slowly getting worked on. As I move each piece of furniture to clean behind, I am getting more and more done. I also want to check some fabric stores as I want to sew new covers for the cushions in my room. I am not great at sewing but it is another skill I can use around the house. Pillows, curtains, just basic things but it gives me some sense of accomplishment.

8. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a G.E. 2 large burners and 2 small burners cook top, self-cleaning oven in black. I have a small kitchen and it's not enough room for a built-in. I'm really loving this new stove. We had to put in a new breaker box because we bought a bigger central AC unit, too. Next on my agenda is to renovate the kitchen, add more cabinets, move appliances around for better flow, install a new floor. You know the drill. But that's at least a year down the line.
    ---HarriEtta

10. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Butterflyrose, you do yard work, and that's not for me. Let me find a creepy crawly worm or a snake, and I'm in the house for sure. Our subdivision is next to a nature reserve. Sometimes we get ducks and rabbits in the back yard, and birds of all colors sit on the fence. Oh, by the way, it's this darn woodpecker that wakes me up every morning. I wish it would find another schedule!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a G.E. 2 large burners and 2 small burners cook top, self-cleaning oven in black. I have a small kitchen and it's not enough room for a built-in. I'm really loving this new stove. We had to put in a new breaker box because we bought a bigger central AC unit, too. Next on my agenda is to renovate the kitchen, add more cabinets, move appliances around for better flow, install a new floor. You know the drill. But that's at least a year down the line.
    Mmmm that black stove sounds pretty! I have all G.E. appliances in my kitchen. They're white! When my late husband and I built our dream home 18 years ago, we customized it to our taste. A few years ago, we upgraded our countertops and desktop to granite in the kitchen. I simply love the granite! We also added laminate floors in the family room and hallway(had carpet) a few years ago too. I still love my home just as much as when we had it built!

Post Thanks / Like
    Butterflyrose, you do yard work, and that's not for me. Let me find a creepy crawly worm or a snake, and I'm in the house for sure. Our subdivision is next to a nature reserve. Sometimes we get ducks and rabbits in the back yard, and birds of all colors sit on the fence. Oh, by the way, it's this darn woodpecker that wakes me up every morning. I wish it would find another schedule!
    Crochetdiva, I love gardening! I have my lawn service do everything but my hedges and planter. I started doing my hedges last year 'cuz I wanted to find out if I could trim them properly. And I can, so I am enjoying this small part of maintaining my lawn. I understand your feelings about snakes and such. I'm not a fan either, so far so good!lol Wildlife is beautiful and we have experienced animals of nature when our subdivision was being developed 18 years ago. We still do from time to time as there are parts that aren't completely developed here in the suburbs. For the 1st time ever, I saw an opposum upclose a few months ago. Wow! So glad I was inside my home looking out! Sure hope that woodpecker finds another schedule too! You do need your rest.~Butterflyrose~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-12-2015 at 05:43 PM.