Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  184
Page 33 of 64 First ... 23313233343543 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I have been re-arranging my living room and bedroom. I am getting rid of some excess furniture in here and I am planning a new layout for my bedroom. While re-arranging a bookcase and a cabinet into different rooms I polished furniture and vacuumed. A small desk and chair will be going to my oldest son for my grandson to use. I also donated two bags of excess things, and some kitchen appliances I was no longer using.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this thread is great for us who need encouragement to clean our houses. We have just finished remodling our kitchen and finally are back into our kitchen. It's great to be able to see the transformation. I've had dust everywhere and slowly getting rid of it all over the house. I've found a product called pledge dust and allergen that works wonders.

Post Thanks / Like
    A larger cabinet has now been moved into the living room for more storage of electronics. As I work, I am sorting through craft supplies I no longer need. The basement has a smaller cabinet now for storage in the finished room. That room has also been vacuumed and the furniture rearranged. I am surprised at just how much I have decided I no longer needed. It is getting better around here, as each week I seem to have at least one bag of things to donate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today has been a great and wonderful day. Here's what I've accomplished:

~Changed the linen and made my bed
    ~Dishes done 2x anid dishwasher unloaded
    ~Picked up and put away items in family room
    ~Picked up and put away items in master bedroom
    ~Picked up and put away items in kitchen
    ~Laundry:washed, folded/hung and put away(2 loads)
    ~Swiffered family room
    ~Swiffered kitchen
    ~Reorganized one of the master closets
    ~Febreezed family room furniture...older DD
    ~Febreezed kitchen furniture....older DD
    ~Febreezed breakfast area furniture...older DD
    ~Swiffered guest bathroom...older DD
    ~Made tomorrow's to-do list

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    After church this morning, I came home and relaxed for a bit. But I did manage to get some outside work done this afternoon. The basement window wells needed cleaned out after a long winter. That meant an entire garbage bag of trash, dead leaves, etc. Also did some straightening up in the basement. It looks like spring is actually here for good, and I can get out and work outside. But I am still waiting for the landlord to finish repairing the broken fence so I can get more done in the backyard. Until that is done, I can't get everything I want done finished out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    I think this thread is great for us who need encouragement to clean our houses. We have just finished remodling our kitchen and finally are back into our kitchen. It's great to be able to see the transformation. I've had dust everywhere and slowly getting rid of it all over the house. I've found a product called pledge dust and allergen that works wonders.
    I totally agree! Seeing what others are doing can be a motivator saying, I can do it too! I get a thrill out of reading about the progress each of us is making in our homes. It shows that it can be done!

Glad that your kitchen is ready for use! Enjoy it and please share what materials etc were used to remodel the different areas of your kitchen when you get a chance. I love hearing about and doing/having home improvement projects done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pantry Reorganization...

I am excited about a future home project! I bought glass canisters to reorganize my pantry on Wednesday. They can be written on using chalk to identify my rice, beans, candy etc. The canisters are clear glass with black lids and black ovals to write on. What a nice touch they'll add to my pantry!

As you may recall, I've already bought the fabric storage bins in coral/black and metal containers in coral for the pantry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today's Household Chores Completed:

~Made my bed
    ~Washed dishes and unloaded dishwasher
    ~Washed central island
    ~Picked up and put away items in family room
    ~Picked up and put away items in master bedroom
    ~Gathered trash in trashcans in master bathroom & water closet
    ~Checked mailbox
    ~Checked patio garden
    ~Swiffered water closet
    ~Mopped water closet
    ~Made to-do list

These chores were so easy to do! I finished them in record time.
    ~

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thankful for my husband.
    He has been a real good help to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another load of old electronics have been disposed of. The shed has had some work done but my big project is my bedroom. I have transferred my old desk to the basement hobby room. The old computer has been recycled and disposed of. I am now going to have a reading area in my bedroom instead of a computer and things I really don't need. An old smaller desk and chair are going to my oldest son's house for my grandson. I have even donated some old dvd movies I no longer wanted. My room is going to take a while to get it the way I want. But time is on my side and this is a project I am looking forward to.