Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 5 of 16 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I haven't started to plant the garden yet. 'Miracle grow' works good.

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    GIVEAWAY: 1 package of Radish seeds(Sparkler White Tip). Please pm me your address if you want them.

Does anyone have any okra seeds to give away?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lovely Gardeners! It's a beautiful day for gardening in my area. My seedlings are growing more and more each day. I checked again and found my saved okra seeds. Oh happy day! So, I planted okra and corn seeds this morning in my ground garden. Must still clean it up properly! Also, rearranged my patio by moving my greenhouse and potted roses/branches. Container garden remains in same place . Can't forget that I added more seeds to my tomato container! Next, I'll start potting seeds for my greenhouse. Update coming soon!

What's happening in your gardening life?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

5. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and sounds like Butterflyrose has a nice start. Im in MN and too cool to go out to plant. have some in pots I bought but keep them covered at night. I cant even put in seeds as too cold yet?? I am Sunday and will do a lot of proteckting with
    newspaper and covers. Did a few onion areas in Large window Boxes and they are coming nice with covering? Sunday is supose to be 70 ?? we will see. Its 38 or 39 in morning. LUCK & Prayers

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have some bad news, I planted a package of lettuce and the babies were getting to be about 2-3 inches high, I was a proud Mom. 3 days later about half the row was gone, disappeared. I know I saw them growing. 2 days later one quarter of the rest were gone. Today I have no trace of planting anything. We have snails, vermin, ducks and geese. I think I am leaning towards the snails as the suspects. What do you think?

8. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry aeston62 for the veggie loss. You sound like me so personal to my garden etc. It could be any of them. There are things for snails but best to get them & kill them, and put a fence up unless they fly in?? A top over it. can be done or buy allready done ($$$) tho. Dont give up tho you fight back. Good luck Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Not giving up, just don't know which direction to take. Got rid of the ants easily. Will try some river sand around the planter box for snails and a piece of screening fabric for the snails. Don't think I need a top yet. Have tomatillos already set on my plant, ate my first cherry tomato and more ripening. Anaheim pepper and jalapeno pepper both have flowers and fruit to pick. Can't believe the blossoms on squash, cukes, and melons. Just moved picnic table to patio with umbrella and will move star jasmine to complement the table area. So nice in the evening. My blind hubby appreciates the area as well. He can listen to his books outside when the umbrella is up. God is good!

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear about your veggie tragedy! Have you heard about coffee driving away or killing snails and grubs? We are going to use the grounds (used) on the soil and coffee (weakened) on the plants!! I have read this several times now and when we were planting we came across a lot of grubs. Of course we killed all we saw but if this would drive them out that would be great. They supposedly hate coffee!! Worth a shot, in this case a cup, right? Good luck whatever you plan on doing. Our poor strawberries were about drowned Thursday we got 3 inches of rain! There were already berries too! Hoping they will look better tomorrow. May God bless ALL your gardens!! Love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my veggies (only tomatoes and peppers since it is only me) in container pots so I haven't had that kind of problem. Eeeeewwww!! I also planted marigold around my tomatoes to repel bugs and sprayed the pepper plants so they wouldn't have their leaves eaten by mites. We had a lot of rain Friday night, time to spray again.

I add used coffee grounds and leftover coffee (not with milk in it though) to my tomato plants since they prefer acidic soil. Also add it to my rhodendrons.

Now I am just waiting for them to start popping out tomatoes and peppers, love "real" veggies.

Have fun and garden on.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you spray your peppers with? I had mites in my mini roses but used sliced cukes in an aluminum pie plate. It worked. Also tried borax and jam to get rid of ants. Looking for preventative veggie meds. Anita