Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 7 of 16 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning!:-)

Winnie, your garden settings are beautiful! I know you get tremendous pleasure being among your beautiful gifts of nature.
    What dishes do you make with your radishes?

Hi Susan! I preserve my parsley, (oops, I preserve basil) by letting it dry out, crumbling it and storing it for later use. I've read about doing it your way too! Glad the weather has warmed up so you could start gardening! Enjoy!

My cucumbers are beginning to sprout their 2nd leaves, then I will be able to transplant some to the garden. I have plenty of lettuce, garden beans and broccoli seedlings. The tomatoes and salad blend are springing up more each day. Today, I'll pot some parsley, chives and lavender seeds for my greenhouse. The cantaloupes will be planted in my flower garden and habanero peppers will be potted.

I'll be looking for signs of corn and okra seedlings in my garden today! Happy Gardening Dear Ladies!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-23-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for a BAD Link setting I had here, if it happens again I would appreciate a friend to speak up and say something please. I deleted it.
    Last edited by Susan2014; 05-23-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Canceled and left this note. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,
    I started to plant my garden! yea! Not finished yet. I'll finish planting tomorrow.
    Jean Marie

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, congrats on starting your garden! What have you planted and what will you be adding to your garden?

Returned to planting more seeds in garden pots & containers today! I planted chives, lavender, parsley and habanero peppers. I bought 2 huge garden containers and transplanted some cucumbers plants and 1 garden bean plant in one of the containers. I watered all of the veggies and fed them some plant food. My eyes spotted corn and okra plants in the garden! I also made more garden stakes to identify the seeds. What a great day for gardening!

Next, I plan to plant spinach, sweet basil, pea, squash, beets, radish, watermelon and cantaloupe seeds.

How is your gardening life?
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 05-22-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Butterflyrose,
    I planted cucumbers, big boy tomatoes, yellow, red and green peppers, cherry tomatoes, sweet banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, poblano peppers, brussels sprouts, Italian basil, beans, garlic, potatoes, yellow summer squash, regular green zucchini and some golden zucchini. This is my first time planting brussels sprouts, garlic, potatoes and golden zucchini. On May 22nd I finished planting the garden. Today, May 23, I put tomato and pepper cages on the plants. I also put cages on the brussels sprouts and basil plants. I transplanted a few of the plants so I could put the cages around them. When planting I put in Miracle Gro potting mix and composted manure with organic matter mixed in with the dirt. Since I transplanted some of the plants I watered the garden and I'll water it again tonight.
    Jean Marie

8. Likes Susan2014, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie! You will be feasting on some very delicious veggies. Enjoy and have lots of fun as you garden!

Like you, I use Miracle Gro garden soil. I mix it with regular potting soil. In fact, today I bought another bag of Miracle Gro. Thinned out my lettuce seedlings and transplanted a few to another container to allow more growth. Watered plants that needed it too! Planting lavender, parsley, broccoli and habanero peppers is a 1st for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Minnesota Garden !!

I just finished Pots and 1 Riser and 8'x10' section (Larrys ) Larry has 8 Big Boy, 4 wonder peppers, Beets, chives, onions with Marigold plants around. When planting Veggies I add a scoop of Epsom Salts.

Riser: Beans green climbers, yellow bush. Spinich, carrots, Radish's, Turnips, head lettuce, loose leaf in long planter on end of Riser.

In 2 Lg Pots 4 tiny sweet tomatoes 2 are yellow , 2 Lg Pots,Jalapeno peppers (2 plants each) 2 strawberry Pots have thyme, oregano & Lg Leaf Basil on Top., other one: small strawberry runners & 2 small plants on Top.

Potatoes will go in this week-end in a new area with Garlic & Marigold & big onions near by.

Plus 2 small 5x 6 or so with a Hibiscus in Middle of one with Annuals adding perennials behind that one
    1 more 5x7 Clematis with tulip & purple Blue bells & lavender allysums around in frond with 1-2 new lav/purple 12" to 18" not sure yet NEW.
    any flower to keep the bees and butterflys. I make signs & put in Beds Funny!! as people go by & kids go up to read. Holidays I put Balloons out in one area and kids come up to say a joke or sing, dance??? They came up with it. One girl said how much for the Balloon & I said Free for a Poem or a song?? 3 years now. God Bless the Children. Enjoy the pain I get for all this, may be last or hire some one to help weed. Love to all You.

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Susan, you have a joyful life! The joy you bring the children will not be forgotten. Your garden sounds charming. You have much to look forward to as your garden grows! Enjoy and (((Hugs))) to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    As hard as it is on me I will keep going & do for my Kids as they come by Sunday Monday I give red/white/& Blue Balloons out. My Herbs I have very close as possible to my side kitchen door, as I cook, freeze chives, oregano. Nice you care Thanks Love& Prayers

14. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post