Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 15 of 16 First ... 513141516 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Is It Worth Using Epsom Salts as a Plant Fertilizer?

My riser the Big one has Hubbard squash & green squash coming up nicely, Beans--green with Beets all coming up. Last Saturday I planted more table onions, large onions, carrots, radishes so soon. Every other day I weed for now. 6 Tomatoe Plant in Hubbys Garden are doing good, Cuke are starting to peek out Yaah !! I water everyday right now. 2 28" long planters are full of table onions on Deck area with 1 long one for Tomtoe, pepper , Basil, oregano. @ Big Round Pots have 2 peppers & 1 has 2 tiny tomatoes, all Great so far.

Jean I plant Spinich tomorrow for got them and when ready to pick they re-grow so a salad with them & escrole I buy and strawberries from Pots ( 1 Big Pot and 1 Lrg hanging one. I will use a Poppy seed dressing.
    What do you grow? I could go and check? You are a caring & healthy person just from all the things you talk about. Go Bless you & hubby.
    Hi Susan,
    Thank You. You'll have everything for a salad. Sounds good. I'm growing tomatoes(Burpee big Boy) & cherry tomatoes(husky red), cucumbers(salad slicer), peppers(sweet red, green, yellow(California wonder), sweet banana, jalapeno, pablano) Italian basil(produces big leaves with rich, sweet flavor), green beans(early bush italian garden bean), yellow summer squash, reg. green zucchini, golden zucchini, yellow zucchini, potatoes, garlic and brussels sprouts.
    Jean Marie

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will expect a few pics of this Gorgeous, Delicious Garden. sounds YUMMY. I use to do all the squash & peppers BUT as you grow, cant eat or do the work. Need a Garden Angel heheh.Loved yellow zuccini, did you read on the flowers and how to cook with them?? Thanks for sharing. Senior gardener

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    Do you mean the male squash flowers?
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes jean male Flowers as they are the only ones to use. Female Flowers are what grow the cucumbers, see a bulge just at end of flower its a Female it will drop off when cuke starts growing. OK Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Gardeners, I hope you're having a lovely day!

Window seat gardening (growing veggies/plants on my window seat) is awesome! As I sit on my chair and a half, watching the performance take place before my very eyes; I am amazed! The sunlight streaming through the window has caused the 4 tomato plants to grow several inches in a day. I see 4 squash seedlings have gained in statue too! The broccoli and lettuce is standing upright simply basking in the atmosphere. What, the mini sweet peppers will not be outdone as they are gaining in height too! Now, that basil is taking its own sweet time, for she is slow to appear, but her entrance is well worth waiting for! And I'm enjoying the warmth of the sun too!

Oh yes, my container garden on the patio and veggies in the greenhouse are doing well too!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Butterflyrose,
    Bean plants are 2-3 inches. I planted 4 garlic but only see 1. Not sure where the potatoes are.(somewhere by the squash, don't know exactly where). I'm not sure how one of the yellow summer squash plants is going to do. When the bean plants were small, I was out in the garden and I thought there should be a plant at the end of the row. I brushed away the dirt and there was a plant there and both sides of the plant was in the ground so I thought I would help the plant and lift one side. One side should have a leaf on it right? Wrong! The one side of the plant didn't come out of the ground so I tried the other side and then I heard a snap. It didn't break all the way through but that bean plant is smaller than the other bean plants.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it's best not to transplant plants once they're already planted in the garden. I had moved the garlic and the potatoes and planted them somewhere else in the garden and transplanted some tomatoes and moved some peppers too but when I replanted the potatoes (I only planted a couple of them and they were already dry) and this time I did it right. I planted it with the eye of the potato facing up. and I put the other 2 pieces of potato in the bag of potting mix that was left but when I was going to get them out of the bag I thought I might of felt a piece of potato but it crumbled in my hand.

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Well I just checked in the potting mix bag and the 2 potato pieces that I had left in there were still there so I took them out and threw them away.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5963
    Dear Gardeners, I hope you're having a lovely day!

Window seat gardening (growing veggies/plants on my window seat) is awesome! As I sit on my chair and a half, watching the performance take place before my very eyes; I am amazed! The sunlight streaming through the window has caused the 4 tomato plants to grow several inches in a day. I see 4 squash seedlings have gained in statue too! The broccoli and lettuce is standing upright simply basking in the atmosphere. What, the mini sweet peppers will not be outdone as they are gaining in height too! Now, that basil is taking its own sweet time, for she is slow to appear, but her entrance is well worth waiting for! And I'm enjoying the warmth of the sun too!

Oh yes, my container garden on the patio and veggies in the greenhouse are doing well too!
    At this rate, my window seat garden may need a new home!Lol

Hi Jean, have a good evening!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sue's garden

Doing a Great job popping up , not like last year. beans are 3" I just put in a week ago, Beets are thriving watching to pluck away or thin out. Carrots early yet & radishes showing signs to about an 1". Cuke Hubbard & Green squash are growing very good. I just put in spinich in last week. Table onions are relly coming along.

Took 2 Containers 24" across and added Bibb Lettuce with Basil, oregano & a Celery in center in one and other
    Center a Jalapeno Pepper with, Mexican oregano (little bite ), Low growing Basil, Thyme, Pretty if I may say so.