Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  112
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: Mama's afghan

Post Thanks / Like

Mama's afghan

Mama's afghan-img_0102-jpgMama's afghan-img_0101-jpg The one is a close up of the stitch. Lover's Lace copied from Jane and the other is my finished afghan that I modified. I wanted it smaller so I didn't chain as long and I made less rows. I also put an edging on it instead of fringe. Mama is a toss up whether she likes it or not but it is hers. I don't want to make another afghan for a while. On to something small.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it, I think you did a magnificent job on it, Faye! I hope she appreciates it.

3. Likes janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a pretty pattern. So delicate and fancy. Good Job! TFS

5. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely beautiful....thanks for sharing...

7. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely color and pattern, Faye. If your mother doesn't want it I do! Caro

9. Likes Anaisa, janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work-as usual Faye! I'm wondering how you find so much time to crochet-after all, whenever I log on here you are already here!!! I made 4 hats today-but I didn't do anything else!! Do you even take time to go to the bathroom or eat?!!!

11. Likes Anaisa, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, you don't sit on a potty chair while you answer emails? You don't multi task like I do!! lol I crochet and answer emails and take Lovie out to potty and that is usually the most I do all day. I watch tv and crochet most of the day. I did go into town yesterday to visit Mama and that put me off my crocheting but I was right back on it today. I think I must crochet faster than some but there is no secret to it just don't do anything else. I'm sorry Caro but a niece asked for the afghan first if Mama doesn't like it. That is a definite chance since Mama is not above saying she doesn't like it. She asked for an afghan but she may not like this one but it is the only one she is going to get. Thanks for the kind words.

13. Likes N/A, janie mae, tammyc77, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the color, I am sure your mother will love it, since you made it for her instead of buying it.

15. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, funny story, I made my mom some crochet sock/slippers, and she was like, oh, they are nice...you did a good job...hey do you want them back to sell? They wont fit in my shoes...LOL I understand.....

17. Likes janie mae, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what I expect! I painted a little box and gave it to her and she said,"Did you think that maybe you should have put another flower here? And maybe you need to put a coating on it and would it be better if you put something on the sides?I made one of the ladder necklaces and she wanted it so I took it off my neck and gave it to her and then she said it would be better if you had done another color with this. That's my Mama.

19. Likes janie mae liked this post