Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    hard to tell how long it took to make them - as i say- i always have two going at the same time. no longer than a month on each. I make all my blankets/afghans to send up to the Lakota American Indians in South Dakota. They live in horrid conditions and need them for warmth. So I try to help them out. I enjoy knitting and crocheting - love to crochet the most. Don't like to make anything more than once - so have to come up with different patterns all the time.
    thanks for all the wonderful kind compliments offered. Keeps me interesting in making more. I also send up hats, mittens, sweaters - whatever they need.

hugs
    marge

Post Thanks / Like
    You do excellent work -----your aftgans are beautiful

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Travelingmarji , You do a lot have you yorown group for sending things up there? your avatar afghan I forgot you did
    a pattern for it in 11/2013. May I ask when you said do row 1 & 2 till length is that after Row 2 do a Row of sc, st. ??
    Appreciate any answer when U have time.

Post Thanks / Like

latest 2 afghans

Outstanding! beautiful work.

Post Thanks / Like
    All three of your afghans are out standing. I like to do the cross stitch too. I use it as accent on
    some of my hats I make for cancer patient here in my town.
    I really enjoyed you pic.
    Charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much kind folks for the lovely words of encouragement.
    Susan - in answer to your question - i have made almost 50 afghans since that one and i really have no idea what to do other than just follow the directions. hope it works out for you as it sure is beautiful when finished. i think i followed that one as directed - usually i veer off and add something of my own.

thanks all
    love it and love the encouragement

hugs
    marge

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye - what state or country do you live in? I too loved to cross stitch but find now - i need too much concentration to sit and follow charts that intensely. love to incorporate my charts into knitting or crocheting tho.

hugs
    marge

Post Thanks / Like
    Your blankets are lovely! The multi-colored one looks like a labor of love!

Post Thanks / Like
    Both of your afghans are beautiful and so different from each other. The first one I might be able to tackle, but the second would be beyond me. You are so very talented to be able to do something like that. May I ask how we could help out by making things for the Lakota Indians? Would something other than afghans be appropriate? ~ Shirly

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful designs.