Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Confederate Flag Afghan

I made up my own pattern for a customer. I started this on May 4th 2013 and I just got it done last night on May 25th 2013. This picture is in the blocking process.
    Attached Images Attached Images Crochet Confederate Flag Afghan-004-jpg 
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    you made a block look round, cool...happy crocheting.

3. Likes libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am my own worst critic!
    Crochet Chickadee

5. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    aren't we all.....

7. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do beautiful work. All those little squares to make this flag! You said you did it for a customer. Hope you charged them a pretty penny for it. Can you share the pattern?
    Hugs

9. Likes N/A, libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you janie mae! yes i did charge them $$$$$$!!!! the squares that i did was a solid granny square that i done in just 4 rows. it was 109 squares, 13 stars. this pattern was one that i free styled myself! i am slowly writing the instructions down and i hope to sell the pattern. it measured 65 X 65 inches. i had alot of trouble with squaring up the blanket--so i am working out the kinks on that one. i am currently working on a round lapghan of a puerto rico flag that a person wants me to make--this again is my own free style pattern. there are not a whole lot of patterns to choose from as far as crocheting flags so that is why i did my own. plus i have to make a granny ripple afghan for another person too! very,very, busy! QUOTE=janie mae;83955]You do beautiful work. All those little squares to make this flag! You said you did it for a customer. Hope you charged them a pretty penny for it. Can you share the pattern?
    Hugs[/QUOTE]
    Crochet Chickadee

11. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful! You did a fantastic job!. I hope your customer is appreciative of it because we sure are.--Jan

13. Likes justplainjudy, libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, she loved it! i was not too happy with the shape of it, but i will work out the kink. you know i am my own w-o-r-s-t critic of all time. i am glad that all of you think that it turned out worth complimenting. thanks for all of the crochet votes of approval--especially since it was a free style of my own!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishjl View Post
    Beautiful! You did a fantastic job!. I hope your customer is appreciative of it because we sure are.--Jan
    Crochet Chickadee

15. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lady,
    You are braver than I am. I have only taken on a custom order once or twice in the 37 yrs I have been crocheting. Those were from a pattern somebody saw & liked, not something I had to write a pattern for, too. I'd be a wreck that they wouldn't like it or I wouldn't get done fast enough. People can be very picky & demanding! If you get this pattern ready to sell, as long as you are not asking for my 1st born, i'd buy a copy. I am guessing you will have all the numbers & diagrams needed. Honey, you must have used major amounts of red thread. I didn't ask before, is it worsted weight? The size is good, too. Nothing just to cover your toes. This is to be snuggled under. We are all our own worst critics. I believe it goes with the territory. Truth is, you did great!
    Hugs

17. Likes justplainjudy, libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you so much janie mae--i am speechless!! the whole afghan i used red heart super saver yarn. it is 65 inches X 65 inches. yes i will have step by step directions for all of it and some pics too. the red yarn i think i used 8 or 9 of the 7 oz rolls of yarn. it will be a pattern that is written out of what materials you will need, how to make the invidual squares, stars, how to block it too--if you do block you afghans. my customers are pretty undemanding--they know that is is all hand made and they know that i work full time too, so i do my best when trying to get out an order fast to them. i am now working on a puerto rico round flag lapghan that a customer wants me to make from a picture they got off the internet. then i have to make a full size granny ripple afghan for a person too. so i am very busy. i even got the impression that the person that i made the confederate afghan for said they would not mind it if i made another one because their boyfriend will not share the blanket! LOL! we will see! but once again i thank you so much for your lovely compliments it means so much to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by janie mae View Post
    Lady,
    You are braver than I am. I have only taken on a custom order once or twice in the 37 yrs I have been crocheting. Those were from a pattern somebody saw & liked, not something I had to write a pattern for, too. I'd be a wreck that they wouldn't like it or I wouldn't get done fast enough. People can be very picky & demanding! If you get this pattern ready to sell, as long as you are not asking for my 1st born, i'd buy a copy. I am guessing you will have all the numbers & diagrams needed. Honey, you must have used major amounts of red thread. I didn't ask before, is it worsted weight? The size is good, too. Nothing just to cover your toes. This is to be snuggled under. We are all our own worst critics. I believe it goes with the territory. Truth is, you did great!
    Hugs
    Crochet Chickadee

19. Likes justplainjudy liked this post