Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Dratted Bolero

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks beautiful! I did that same pattern and yes it is horrible to follow. I finally had to make a copy of the extra "pages" I needed. I know it was to help cut down on paper, but goodness, give it to me written out! I haven't touched the book since, I don't want to mess with it again. Too bad, I really like some of the other projects!

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reassuring words stradec2002. I always think that I am not good enough to figure the pattern out. Glad to know others find it difficult too. I did make copies of some of the pages but I got confused going from one to another. I'm with you there are several cute things in the book but don't know if my ego can stand the challenge. Love to see a picture of your bolero. Do you do a lot of clothes? I am just stepping into them and reading the patterns is the hardest part. I can do any stitch with practice but reading them is the hard part.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dratted Bolero-christies-bolero-jpgDratted Bolero-christies-bolero2-jpg

I made this for a lady at church that saw the front of the book and said, "Oh, I'd love to make that for myself!" I know this lady, she doesn't do many things for herself, so I made it. It is the 55 inch bust, so I even had to add extra to it.

I have found that once I learn to do something from a pattern, I can kind of come up with my own way of making something similar or different sized. I have made from sweaters to a tablecloth within the last year. Once you can learn to follow easy patterns and get your confidence up, then when you come to the harder patterns, sometimes your mind can puzzle it out from what you have learned previously.

I also pray while I crochet, or as I have a chance, per say if I am counting, that makes it hard. But, I pray for the person receiving the item and anyone else that comes to mind, it is amazing to see God work through you, when you don't know something.

5. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, That is gorgeous. See what I miss when I'm sick? I'm glad I didn't start it. I probably wouldn't have kept at it like you did. I probably would have said a few choice words over it and thrown it in the fire. LMAO! You are one awesome crocheter. That is really a pretty bolero. You have an incredible talent!!! (and I'm not saying that just cuz of the medicine). LOL

Hugs, Judy

7. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know Judy you can't blame everything on the meds. lol I am pretty stubborn about finishing things. I have this star pattern and it didn't work out and now I have to frog it and see what I did wrong. It is a circle more than a star. It is bascially a ripple stitch but it doesn't work. I'll let you know if or when it works out.

9. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    beautiful job on it it looks quite comfortable that would make it really hard I don't think I would like that although when I do some of the baby dress the yoke is usually done in the same way so they only give it once then the skirt so I kind of know what you mean
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity