Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Old! Very old!

Post Thanks / Like
    wow!!! and they are in great shape!! what a treasure!

Post Thanks / Like
    you should hold on to them I have a pattern somthing like that that my granny made years ago I have the a littel dress my granny made my mom when she married its used for diches but mom never used it , and I have the baby blanket wich was the last theng my granny crochet she had a stroke and could never crochet after that and that was over 40 years ago I Cherish all my old things from her and my Momfirst doily she mad My granny tought me to crochet and I think of her alot when I work on my crocheting

3. Likes MeerKat, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you will treasure them. I have a little pair of house shoes that my grandmother made for my mother. She is now 87 so they are very old. I'll have to find them and post a picture. You know one of those things that I put up so I would know just where they are. ha I like the idea of framing them. I may do that with the house shoes.

5. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is so wonderful!

Unfortunately, I barely remember my Mom's Mother, and never knew my Dad's Mother or Father. His Mother used to crochet and tried to teach my Mom, but my Grandmother was left-handed and my Mom is right-handed. My Mom could not get it. Now, whenever I can get back to Ohio, my Mom wants me to teach her how to crochet... isn't that neat?
    ~Tammy~

7. Likes BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boopie View Post
    That is so wonderful!

Unfortunately, I barely remember my Mom's Mother, and never knew my Dad's Mother or Father. His Mother used to crochet and tried to teach my Mom, but my Grandmother was left-handed and my Mom is right-handed. My Mom could not get it. Now, whenever I can get back to Ohio, my Mom wants me to teach her how to crochet... isn't that neat?
    i taught myself how to crochet, i taught my girls how to crochet, they can crochet but never found the love of it.(but they love getting things i make them. i did teach my mom how and she crochets all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have dollies made by my grandmother and would love to frame them if someone knows how.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to do it yourself this is what I do. I find a used frame that is a little bit bigger and then I stretch a piece of velvet over the back and then starch and spread out the doily and let dry and then put the doily on the velvet and put it back together. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right frame but it is so expensive to have them framed. I hate paying for something that I can do.

11. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    If you want to do it yourself this is what I do. I find a used frame that is a little bit bigger and then I stretch a piece of velvet over the back and then starch and spread out the doily and let dry and then put the doily on the velvet and put it back together. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right frame but it is so expensive to have them framed. I hate paying for something that I can do.
    Faye, thanks so much, can you explain how to starch it, do I wash it first?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can wash it if it is soiled but you buy the starch inthe liquid bottle and then soak the doily and then lay flat and let dry. Pretty simple. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    You can wash it if it is soiled but you buy the starch inthe liquid bottle and then soak the doily and then lay flat and let dry. Pretty simple. Good luck.
    I remember seeing my grandma doing this but did not know what was in the bottle, they were on every surface in our house.