Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  123
Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread: Animal Purses

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah! So that's the trick. You print off what you like & file them in notebooks but the web address is still there to share with everybody. I need to get some ink for my desktop printer so I can do this. Say you have 12 notebooks, 12 subjects to file. I can see how that would work. Thanks for the good idea.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    For Babies, instead of hair I take bonnet colour and start as for head Pattern making a hat. Stop when it is the size you want. I do a shell edging as last row for girls. Then I sew this to head instead of stringy hair for very young children.

3. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by janie mae View Post
    Ah! So that's the trick. You print off what you like & file them in notebooks but the web address is still there to share with everybody. I need to get some ink for my desktop printer so I can do this. Say you have 12 notebooks, 12 subjects to file. I can see how that would work. Thanks for the good idea.
    Hugs, Jane
    Not sure if this is a good idea or not. It sorta becomes a hobby in itself. Takes a lot of ink and paper and you keep seeing more when you can't possible do what you have already. But if you don't, try remembering where you saw it later when it is wanted.

5. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    here a cradle purse..

CRADLE PURSE
    Val:
    Thank you for the link. they are cute. I think I will want to try after I return from holiday - if I can remember than
    Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

7. Likes Val, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie, I don't collect crochet patterns. I have so many crochet books that I have gotten over the years ..I don't need more. If I see someone is searching for something...I just go on a search. armybrat seems to know where a lot is..I sure miss her!!

9. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Val,
    I miss Armybrat, too. Maybe she will be back soon. She is like Sarah, she seems to know her way around the internet really well. I believe that is a real plus when you are looking for patterns, free or not. Maybe 1 day I'll be good at it.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Angel,
    That's great! Maybe she will tell her friends & sell more for you. I hope you didn't sell it too cheaply. I did tell you I paid $25 & the website in California was charging $39.95 + $10.95 shipping. Don't ever give away your hard work.
    Hugs, Jane
    Hey Jane-
    I'm not sure yet what I will charge for the horse purse. She agreed we would talk about everything after the holiday because we are both so busy right now. I am still hoping to get everything done by my deadlines. Eeeeeek!
    I talked to my oldest daughter the other day and she asked if we wanted to keep Gwen (the 5 yr. old) thru' Christmas vacation. YES!!!!! When they lived in the Kansas City area near us we had Gwen almost every weekend unless they went out of town to visit other relatives so we got VERY close to Gwen and she got VERY close to us. Then they moved out of state and now they're 3 1/2 to 4 hours away and my daughter got a new job with days off during the week and her husband has different days off so well you know how that goes....all our daughters and grandchildren live in the same town so we don't see them very often anymore. We really miss them a lot. It's hard for us to get away as well because my husband works a lot of hours because he's a supervisor and the other guy can't be trusted to do everything he's suppose to do. Ron hasn't taken actual vacation time off for over a year. So when we have a chance to get the girls we take it!
    Happy Holidays Jane!
    Angel

12. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss her too. I'm going to email her and tell her to come back because we miss her!!! She is so sweet and it is nice to have someone sweet on here with me and Landon! Hmmm, that didn't come out right! I meant she balances the impish two!! Oh, anyway we miss her!!

14. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iistok View Post
    Wow You are good! they are so pretty and attractive. did you have lining in side? how difficult to make them?

Ivy
    Hi Ivy-
    No I didn't put lining in the animal purses but I don't think they need it considering how they are made. The bottoms are enclosed and pretty thick. I don't think anything could fall thru'. Altho' I guess if you wanted to put a pretty lining in you probably could. I thought the patterns were fairly easy to make. If I can do it believe me, anyone can do it. I'm sure you could make them as well.
    Happy Crocheting!
    Angel

16. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, cybarra & Angel,
    One of you please tell me where to find the bassinet purse, please. I'd like to do some of those too. My grandmother's friend made a doll for my daughter once that I'd love to find a pattern for. It was a baby doll, with a doll head & hands. The body was crocheted & the blanket was attached to the doll on the sides so that it was like you could wrap or swaddle the doll with the blanket. Very girly & cute.
    Nothingnowhere-please sign your name on your posts, Hon. I don't like calling you this. You are something, somebody & you are somewhere. You are the mom of 3 boys. You are special or God would never have selected you to mother 3 boys. You don't wish you had girls. Girls are a pain 99% of the time. Boys are always devoted to their mothers. Even when sons are 50 or 60, their mother is still their best girl. Remember this always.
    Hugs, Jane
    Hey Jane you made me laugh! You hit that right on the nail about girls being a pain 99% of the time. I wouldn't know what it's like to have a boy. I had all girls and then got three granddaughters bam, bam, bam. Didn't know what to do when I got a grandson last June. I'm happy about it but it's taken some getting use to. I have enjoyed making little boy things now and look forward to making more in the future. I know the girls absolutely love the things I make for them and keep me on my toes with stuff they want. I don't let them look at my stash of patterns or I'd never make anything for anyone one else or any of my charities! HEE HEE! Little girls are so demanding!!!! (Big girls are too!!!)
    Have a blessed day!
    Angel

18. Likes janie mae liked this post