Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  123
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Animal Purses

Post Thanks / Like
    Your work is AMAZING!! You made up all these patterns? They are all adorable! Thank you so much for sharing them all with us!

2. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Your work is AMAZING!! You made up all these patterns? They are all adorable! Thank you so much for sharing them all with us!
    No I didn't make up all the patterns. Sorry to make it sound that way. I got the horse purse pattern off of pattern central. The cat purse pattern was in a book "Critter" purse patterns from Joannes. The unicorn purse pattern I used several different patterns combined to make a chubbier horse and added a horn to make the unicorn so my youngest granddaughters purse wasn't exactly like her sister's horse purse. I also did that with the saddle to make it sit up better like a real saddle instead of lie flat on the back. Plus all the embellishments I added were my own idea like all the bead work and buttons. The yarn for the main and tail on the horse was frayed whereas the unicorn mane and tail were ringlets. Just to make each individual purse an original.
    Thanx again for your awesome comments.
    Angel

4. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are very talanted and very creative yarnie! i love all of the purses!

6. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do such beautiful and creative work! I especially love the kitty - too cute!

8. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very skilled work, and lots of attention to detail. Your granddaughters are obviously loved!

10. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very lucky granddaughters! Very interesting purses. Thanks for posting.

12. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your very nice comments. Yes, I am very detail oriented and a perfectionist (which isn't always good). I have made our granddaughters and daughters quite a few crocheted things over the many odd almost 28 years. I started crocheting when my oldest daughter was born. My crochet skills have evolved considerably over the years. I use to mainly crochet doilies and filet banners. Then when our granddaughters started being born I dabbled in sweet little baby dresses, Christening gowns/bonnets, then whole layettes, toddler dresses, hats, purses, scarf and hat sets, pillows, afghans and then just recently this summer I worked on buddy blankets for their birthdays (all in November) and after that I started on Christmas presents. I made each one a Christmas elf and the animal purses. My new grandson I made a buddy blanket, a stuffed football, airplane, rocket ship and car. And last but not least a rattle from the Funmigurumi Monkeyroo selection #7 Carambola. It turned out pretty darn snazzy if I do say so myself. (Those Funmigurumi patterns are on pattern central). I love those. It's the first one I made but I'm sure I will be making more.
    Thanx again for all your great comments.
    God bless you all! Happy crocheting!
    Angel
    I

14. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Any pictures of all the others you mentioned? Love pictures and if they are like the purses they should be spectacular!!

16. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love them all with my favorite the kitty. enjoyed looking at your work

Animal Purses

18. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Any pictures of all the others you mentioned? Love pictures and if they are like the purses they should be spectacular!!
    I'll try and round a few up. Not sure when...but I'll try.
    It seems the cat purse I made is a fan favorite. It's a pretty easy pattern to make and really the pattern was kind of plain but I just livened it up and added my own embellishments to make it more lifelike. Its funny because my granddaughter wanted bright pink but I thought just that color alone was too bland so I changed it up with the variegated as well and my youngest daughter thought it was perfect for her. I love animals so my creative juices really flow. I really enjoyed making the animal purses. I always have an idea in my mind of what I want to do and how I want it to turn out and so that's always my goal. It's not finished until I have it exactly how I picture it to be.
    Thanx again to everyone and your nice comments. I really appreciate it.
    Angel

20. Likes janie mae liked this post