Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Finished cardigan for Mom

I recently posted a pattern for a ruffle cardigan:

400 Bad Request

The attached picture of the finished cardigan is here:

Finished cardigan for Mom-romantic-ruffled-cardi-free-crochet-pattern-58193dea5f9b581c0bba9a7b-jpg

Mom loved the finished cardigan that I did for her. I needed seven skeins and only had five of the original mill end yarn. I found yarn with a very similar color variation and texture to complete the outer ruffle. In order to make sure that the sleeves had the proper color in the ruffle, I made them first and sewed them to the armhole when joining the pieces, rather than just crocheting them in rounds from the armhole like Ms. Baker suggested in this pattern.

Mom loved the 3/4 ruffled sleeves, but thought they were too confining and requested that I alter the cardigan to a sweater vest. This was fairly easy. I removed the sleeves, extended the armhole by stitching up each side seam to Row 25, and repeated the ruffle pattern (5 rows of V stitch, one row of 3 dc, 2 ch, 3 dc in ch 1 of V stitch) in,a circular pattern on each side. The resulting work delighted Mom:

Finished cardigan for Mom-0209180908a-jpg
    Finished cardigan for Mom-0209180908-jpg

This pattern does not give specific size equivalents, merely S,M,L and XL. I made this a 2X by figuring out the numeric pattern for each size and adding another size. This pattern does tend to run small, even with checking the gauge, so I would recommend making this cardigan a size larger than the one desired.

I am now working on a hat and scarf for a friend to fulfill a promise. However, I got more gorgeous mill end yarn from Joann's and am going to create more cardigans after the scarf is finished.

Ellen (Loremaster)

2. Likes karenlatlas, ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a nice thing.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ellen, It turned out nicely. Having to adjust the number of stitches and make changes after completing was a lot of work. Looks like your mom is going to enjoy it. I like the colors.
    Thanks for the step by step of what you did to finish this pattern.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Work Ellen! Pretty Colors!