Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doilies for ever!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry A,
    Thank you so much for such a nice response, I love making doilies as well as other projects & I find myself like you having a very hard time putting my projects down. It's so much fun to give the finished pieces away to family, friends, but I truely treasure being able to give something to someone I don't even know & watching their faces light up, that is the ultimate way I think to get paid. I am working on a few other projects right now & hope to have more pics to show all of you in the near future. I have quite an aray of patterns, so if you are looking for a certain type please let me know & I will see what I can do. You can e-mail me at foreverlefty@yahoo.com (just please put something like crochet in the subject line) & I may have the pattern for you, I am also getting quite a few pattern links from the different sites as well in my collection so feel free to ask. It's funny too how I have made so many but I've never kept any for myself, (I'm guessing I'm not the only one guilty of this lol). but usually someone will see the pattern or tell me they want it before I even get it finished so how can I say no? I hope I will be able to see pics of some of the ones you have created . I also hope we will be able to chat again soon. Your Crochet Friend, Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Ki1000, I'm with you sister. the sheeps will just have to make more fiber for us to have for thread lol. I do believe when it's my time to go everyone will find me with hook in one hand & thread in the other lol. Would love to see more of your doilies as well on here. Anymore comming soon? Sure hope so. Have a great week, Your Crochet Friend, Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there Foreverlefty . You are my friend!!! I think I have put bruges doily I have finished... or not? I have finished another doily I do not like it. It s not starched yet. I work on 4 peacocks filet doily now. What s new in your crocheting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Those do look very delicate and very well made, good job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Allie I just looked at your site and your items are very nice..keep up the good job..Willie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Allie I just looked at your site and your items are very nice..keep up the good job..Willie
    Thanks, but I don't want to hi-jack this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Allie, I'm not sure what you mean..did I do something wrong? You have your logo with email thread at the bottom of your page so it's only natural some of us will go there to check things out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Allie,
    Thank you so much for your wonderful reply, I also have looked at your site & love love love it, you do beautiful work as well. Thank you too for including the link to your page, you have a beautiful family & I have bookmarked your page & hope to see more of your work. I hope you have a nice weekend & I look forward to getting to know you better. Happy Crocheting Your Crochet Friend, Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Kl1000,
    Yes we are friends & I'm so glad . Why don't you like your other doily? Do you not like the pattern stitches or the color or what? I'm sorry you don't like it, I hate it when that happens & you put so much time into something like that & aren't pleased with the outcome. I have had a few of those myself that I thought were gonna be so different then what they actually turned out to be & I was very disapointed. Usually for me it's because of the colors I used or someone else chose & it doesn't show off the details as much as I hoped it would. Very frustrating & sometimes I don't even finish the pattern if I am to disapointed. For the most part tho, alot of the ones I have made usually make it hard for me to let them go once they are starched & ironed lol but I have always ended up giving them away or selling them to the point I don't even have one in my own house. I can't seem to hang on to any of them as usually before they are finished they are claimed by someone. I do love making them tho so as long as I have thread or yarn I am usually happy. Right now I am in the process of making a Graduation hat for my daughter that is graduating from college (well she actually already has, & even graduated early & was on the dean's list the entire time), so the official ceremony is in June. I am also making a baby afghan for one of my son's friends (who is like a son to me himself), to put on the diaper cake I am making for their baby shower (which is also in june sometime, they haven't set a date yet) as they are having their 1st baby (a boy) expected to be born on my birthday in August, so I am super excited about that & have been crocheting up all sorts of baby things to spoil him with. My hubby & I just finished making a birthday cake for our 3 year old Granddaughter Lilly (like a diaper cake almost, that had things I crocheted for her on it & other gifts we had bought for her as well). That was alot of fun to do & the look on her face when she saw it was worth more to me then anyone can imagine . I have been making alot of other baby stuff as well like baby booties, hats & pacifier holders etc. I think some of these patterns I could probably crochet in my sleep now too lol. The peacock doily you mentioned you were working on sounds very nice, I would love to see progress pictures & can't wait to see the finished piece. If you don't mind me asking where did you get the pattern for it? I have been collecting patterns for years, do you collect them as well? I also have my home computer & my laptop filled with different sites I have found with different crochet patterns. I have also started collecting old crochet hooks & love going to different antique shops in search of them, I think that's my other pastime hobby when I'm not crocheting. I hope to hear more from you soon & you have a great weekend, Your Crochet Friend, Patti