Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ria68 View Post
    This type of crochet amazes me...it's absolutely beautiful. Xx
    It absolutely amazes me too! Filet in really fine thread is a disappearing art, because it seems that almost nobody, at least in America, can do the really tiny work. Trust me, the smaller the thread and hook, the harder it is to do. I was told once that they do tiny work by touch; I have been trying to guess how that works, how would you know where the top of the stitch is? And how do you count what is too small to see well? I am working a doily in size 20 for the first time, and it's really challenging. First, it's all I can do to see what I'm doing, and second, I often have the thread slip off the hook, so it takes a lot of patience.

I have a wonderful little doily I found at an antique mall. It is done in at least size 30, maybe smaller. It is paper thin, and absolutely lovely. I so admire the art of fine thread crochet, and it is an art form in every sense of the word.

Post Thanks / Like
    In fact this bedspread is made from thread 100g=565 meters. It is thick enough. I use this thread because thin thread take more time to fit the size. It is the trick. I love to crochet from #30 thread when I have them. I do not have good eye vision for the things but thread. It is practice. BTW one lady in Germany crochets from #80 thread! She is an expert. "the thread slip off the hook" I think you have a bad hook. I can say The Boye hooks are awful. It was my mistake to use one of them for this bedspread.
    I used to gift doilies... may be you heard but now I have too many orders. Maybe I will finish items until October. I could make one doily for you. Have a good day == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    In fact this bedspread is made from thread 100g=565 meters. It is thick enough. I use this thread because thin thread take more time to fit the size. It is the trick. I love to crochet from #30 thread when I have them. I do not have good eye vision for the things but thread. It is practice. BTW one lady in Germany crochets from #80 thread! She is an expert. "the thread slip off the hook" I think you have a bad hook. I can say The Boye hooks are awful. It was my mistake to use one of them for this bedspread.
    I used to gift doilies... may be you heard but now I have too many orders. Maybe I will finish items until October. I could make one doily for you. Have a good day == Larisa
    Oh Larisa, you are too kind. Please, make doilies for folks who have no way t make their own. Patterns, now a really nioce pattern, that would be such a gift! American patterns are so plain when compared with patterns from the Old World! I search high and low for really inspiring patterns, and sometimes find them too.

I can't imagine size 80! I can't even imagine size 50! Interesting, my hooks are Boye, chrome plated steel, and I thought they were good ones! Unfortunately, thoseare the only thread hooks I have ever seen over here. The threads we get aren't very good either, there is a plain cotton by Aunt Lydia or by Red Heart (they are the same thing), and a somewhat better but slippery cotton by Lizabeth. I often wonder what they have in Europe and Russia.

Certainly, in your part of the world, crochet skills and patterns are far better than what we get. Here is a photo I saved of a skirt I saw on Etsy a few years back from an artist in Macedonia. I didn't have the money, but once in a while I study it, wondering if I can find a way to make something like it:

A half of the bedspread is finished-croched-skirt-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I found this skirt in
    " Bohemian Crochet Skirts
    One of the favorite styles that people enjoy when wearing crochet is the bohemian style. The unique crochet skirts in this section are great for that bohemian style"
    Unfortunately I do not crochet clothes. And I like it more
    A half of the bedspread is finished-irish-crochet-freeform-skirt-400x528-jpg
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

5. Likes Megcsti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to write. I re-chert filet patterns and I have several of them. I have doily pattern collection too. Do you read charts? = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Super job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, do you happen to have any filet patterns for table cloths that would fit a buffet table? or about that size? Looking for one for an oblong table. I love to work with the small thread and I also find it a challenge, the smallest I have worked with so far is size 20. Your work is beyond words to describe how incredible it truly is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I have many patterns. I do not know what Buffet table is and it 's size. The size of ready tablecloth depends on the thread size and the hook size. How many rows you need and how many cells in a row? I can find any size for you. I re-chart patterns myself. I make a sample with the hook and thread of 20x20 squares (cells) and measure it. Thus I know what would be the mesurement of the pattern.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chucie View Post
    Larisa, do you happen to have any filet patterns for table cloths that would fit a buffet table? or about that size? Looking for one for an oblong table. I love to work with the small thread and I also find it a challenge, the smallest I have worked with so far is size 20. Your work is beyond words to describe how incredible it truly is.
    Hi chucie,
    Do you mean a coffee table?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Forgot to write. I re-chert filet patterns and I have several of them. I have doily pattern collection too. Do you read charts? = Larisa
    I haven't mastered filet charts, but I can work with the kind of European charts that show one section of a doily that you repeat. I tried one once, and was able to do the stitching with no problem, but the pattern was written for size 30, and I was using size 10 on my 2.25 mm hook. The center won't lay flat because something isn't sizing correctly so I sidelined the project with part of the last row done. It's still in a baggie in my coffee table... Not everything I try succeeds